Mirrors quick release, for anti motorcycle bars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At 71 I am not as flexible as I was, so twisting around to see what is behind me is no longer really an option, mirrors for any vehicle are often the widest parts, the only real place for them to work is on the end of the handle bars, but then I can't get through these

1661782996032.png
silly things, anything which is going to stop a motor bike is clearly also going to stop a peddle bike, and my days of dismounting and wheeling it through on rear wheel are over.

DSC_6772_tonemapped.jpg This is even worse but at least it would not stop mirrors, never expected to see that on a tow path, little sign says "Shropshire Way - Main Route" one wonders what non main routes are like?

But even if the silly bars are not there still need quick release mirrors so I can fold the bike and carry it in car or on the train, I have to leave bike on the veranda on the train folded and locked to gates so it can't fall on anyone, can't get it around the corner to get through door DSC_6441.jpg So need to carry all in back pack until unloaded from train, so looking for quick release mirrors.

What about those mirrors that go on your glasses? Or the mirrors I've seen on the end of the drop bar ? They don't stick out?

The Garmin radar is amazing. But I'd still want to be able to check behind too. It does reduce a lot of checks behind though.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
On one of my bicycles, I have the mirrors as suggested by @numbnuts , above. I don't know if they would fulfil your 'on train' requirements, but, I can get through the anti-motorcycle bars with just a little 'wiggling' of the handlebars.

On another of my bicycles I have:

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0713WNYGK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It does not increase width as much as above type, but, does increase height. Also, I think it looks ugly, but, that is down to the individual I suppose.

I have tried the 'on glasses' or, on helmet, and, on glove type mirrors, didn't work for me.

Mike_P

Guru
Have my plug on end of handlebar ones on the ebike set down and inward so only the mount bit protrudes out of the end of the handlebar

DiggyGun

That sounds good, never seen them. Tried a google and found this,

View attachment 659176 never seen it before but does seem a good idea.

Tried one of these. Just could not get it in the right position. Sent it back in the end.

Juliansou

That sounds good, never seen them. Tried a google and found this,

View attachment 659176 never seen it before but does seem a good idea.

I’ve tried one of those, they’re ok but there’s a much better version which looks similar but performs much better (stays in place/virtually no vibration etc etc). Available on Amazon - about £12 I think?

Attachments

• 6342142B-AF15-4A40-AC79-AF11627E6E8D.png
    6342142B-AF15-4A40-AC79-AF11627E6E8D.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 6

Gwylan

Veteran
What about those mirrors that go on your glasses? Or the mirrors I've seen on the end of the drop bar ? They don't stick out?

The stick out ones on the bar do not work. Unless they are too big to be discrete. It's a matter of optics and subtended angles.

You may yawn

Gwylan

Veteran
At 71 I am not as flexible as I was, so twisting around to see what is behind me is no longer really an option, mirrors for any vehicle are often the widest parts, the only real place for them to work is on the end of the handle bars, but then I can't get through these

View attachment 659171 silly things, anything which is going to stop a motor bike is clearly also going to stop a peddle bike, and my days of dismounting and wheeling it through on rear wheel are over.

View attachment 659172 This is even worse but at least it would not stop mirrors, never expected to see that on a tow path, little sign says "Shropshire Way - Main Route" one wonders what non main routes are like?

But even if the silly bars are not there still need quick release mirrors so I can fold the bike and carry it in car or on the train, I have to leave bike on the veranda on the train folded and locked to gates so it can't fall on anyone, can't get it around the corner to get through door

View attachment 659174 So need to carry all in back pack until unloaded from train, so looking for quick release mirrors.

Sympathise completely.

My experience, bought on eBay and Wish is the only one that really works for me is the mirror on a stick version.
That is a mirror on a stick that velcro's to your helmet. After about a month you find the ideal setting.
Whilst finding that you will walk into door posts, random objects as you learn to remember that you are wandering about like a dyspraxic unicorn.
After that it's great until some scroat nicks you helmet!

Top Bottom