Mirrycle bar end mirror - what's going on?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RichardB

Slightly retro
I have a Mirrycle bar end mirror (Mirrycle Mountain) on my ebike and I want to get one for my Amazon MTB, but have had no luck. Many online stores don't list the item any more (although there are plenty of road bike versions), and those that do say 'out of stock' with no date for availability. There are plenty for sale on eBay, but they are all from US sellers with huge postage charges. Does anyone know if these are still available in the UK, or will be in the future? Shame if they are no longer making/importing them, as they are an excellent product.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I have a Mirrycle bar end mirror (Mirrycle Mountain) on my ebike and I want to get one for my Amazon MTB, but have had no luck. Many online stores don't list the item any more (although there are plenty of road bike versions), and those that do say 'out of stock' with no date for availability. There are plenty for sale on eBay, but they are all from US sellers with huge postage charges. Does anyone know if these are still available in the UK, or will be in the future? Shame if they are no longer making/importing them, as they are an excellent product.
It's a nightmare out there at the minute for any supply network however these claim they're in stock but may be worth a phone call first to confirm that and delivery costs and what not...

https://www.freemanscycles.co.uk/miracycle-mountain-bike-handlebar-mounted-mirror.html

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
Thanks guys.

It's a nightmare out there at the minute for any supply network however these claim they're in stock but may be worth a phone call first to confirm that and delivery costs and what not...

https://www.freemanscycles.co.uk/miracycle-mountain-bike-handlebar-mounted-mirror.html

That was one of the stores I tried to be told out of stock. However ...

Just successfully ordered one from them. They are about £5 dearer than other ones I have seen, but that's market forces I guess. Happy bunny.

Many thanks both.

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
Well, three weeks later, it has arrived. Apparently, it was lost by the couriers and then returned to the shop, who then gave it back to the couriers to try again. Three weeks from payment to delivery. I know that these things happen, but it was only because I chased them after the item didn't arrive by the promised date that I knew there was a problem, and I had to keep emailing them asking for updates. Good customer service would have kept me informed of any delays first, and kept me onside. As it is, I feel faintly negative about the whole thing. The customer shouldn't have to do all the work. On the positive side, I now have a Mirrycle MTB mirror and will fit it to the workhorse tomorrow. Thanks for the pointers, folks.

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
Quick update: fitted the mirror and have been out for several rides, both in traffic and on faster roads. Not disappointed - as with the other bike, the image is crystal clear with no vibration to spoil the show. Very easy to fit and use, and the build quality is excellent. I'd recommend these mirrors very highly; shame the supply is so difficult at the moment.

Top Bottom