Misheard song lyrics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Probably been done before but just for fun on this hot Friday and prompted by two that have come along this week.

I did not know "ever fallen in love with someone" then went "spurn your natural emotions" I had it as "spur your natural emotions"

Last night Cilla Black was on with Johnny Walker and I found out that "Something tells me, something's gonna happen tonight" then goes "I read in the papers that Gemini people will make it tonight". I had it as "the chairman of people will make it tonight" for the last 50 years.

Straying off song lyrics I thought the actor Ray Liotta was Raleigh Otter (bit of Essex helps with that one)

Hopefully you all will have some better ones!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
REM: Losing my religion.
Let's pee in the corner, lets pee on the spotlight.......

Starship: We built this city.
My pony plays the mamba...

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Ian Rankin got a book title out of a misheard lyric "Standing in another mans grave" was what he heard from his friend Jackie Levens song "Standing in another mans rain". The book is dedicated to Jackie after his sad demise due to prostate cancer.

....Cliiiiimmbbb every wooomann.....

tyred

Legendary Member
My mum's a big Charlie Pride fan and I grew up believing the words to Crystal Chandeliers went "the marbles that you ate are standing safely in the hall":wacko: when it should have been "the marble statuettes are standing stately in the hall"

The other country classic is from Kenny Rogers Lucille - "Four hungry children" I first heard as "four hundred children":ohmy:

A friend believed the words to Suspicious Minds went - "we caught a trout":laugh:

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Queen - Kind of Magic.

I always thought it was "dawn on Saturday"

The bell that rings inside your mind,
It's a challenging the doors of time,
It's a kind of magic,
The waiting seems eternity,
The day will dawn of sanity,

Top Bottom