mismatched chainrings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Getting my bike fixed up i was told i needed a new chainring but the new one is 11 speed on an 8 speed chainset and the arm shape does not match ? old chainset is a budget one that came with the bike , less than a year old .
put the mismatched one on or replace the chainset ? the inner zen screams at me to even put a mismatched chainring on

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The 11 speed chainring will be fine, but if the armes weren't a good match that would get my OCD. I've got 10 speed Stronglight Zircal (the fancy ones) on the best road bike that's 8 speed.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

The 11 speed chainring will be fine, but if the armes weren't a good match that would get my OCD. I've got 10 speed Stronglight Zircal (the fancy ones) on the best road bike that's 8 speed.
this is the one they gave me
The X110 chainrings are compatible with the Shimano Dura Ace 9000/R9100, Ultegra 6800/R8000 and 105 5800/R7000 11 speed chainsets.
1621682020601.png

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Great opportunity to get a nice Hollowtech on there :smile:
its for the commuter a carrera vanquish disc, i would go for another square taper for durability as i had a hollwtech crank snap when commuting

Chislenko

Veteran
For what it's worth I have three different makes of chainring on my triple and it works just fine.

I didn't put any research into it just ordered what I could get at the time without breaking the bank.

Maybe I was just lucky!!

Top Bottom