Misreading on Polar Heart Rate Monitor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnny

My Polar HRM has started misreading, i've tried phoning the polar warranty number to try and find out what to do next and whether there is anything that i can try to fix it, but no reply.

So whats the best thing to do. Package it up and send it back?

Sounds like it could be the battery. Mine started doing horrendous readings before I changed the battery. Can you change the battery yourself in the Polar?

PS it was the strap battery on mine not the watch.

OP
OP
J

johnny

Should be pretty easy to replace the battery on it, there are screws and everything. I've only had it 7 months or so....but i suppose it depends on how long its been sitting on the shelf...............

7 months isn't long. Mine lasted over 3 years. Just check the instructions on changing the battery, I'm sure on some it's a return to factory job. You don't want to invalidate any warranty.

Also, couldn't be interference could it. Wireless cycle computer or similiar?

girofan

Also, couldn't be interference could it.

Yes, my Polar occasionally suffers from interference. Don't know from which source. In towns it can go wild, but suffers less in rural areas.
I'm sure Polar would claim it's interference free, but this is not my experience.

Hugo15

Über Member
Send it back to them. I tried to replace the battery myself thinking that the waterproofing didn't matter on a bike. I was wrong. Had to buy a new HRM in the end as it got condensation inside. There customer service wasn't great (took ages to respond, never answered the phone) but they sorted me out with a discounted replacement. I had read that there customer service was now much better.

OP
OP
J

johnny

Thanks all for the advice. I'll be sending it back i think. Seems that if i take the back off it invalidates the warranty.

Hugo, i don't think the customer service is much improved.

Rosser

My battery life was short the first time - I was told not to leave it in the draw attached to chest strap when not in use. Replacement has lasted twice as long and still going strong.

doyler78

I only ever got two years out of mine. Should be due another one soon. Have to say on both occasions I have used Polar Customer Service they have been very quick in responding and they have the watch and strap returned within a few days. Can't complain. Guess I must be the lucky one. I had to get both the straps replaced on my hrm because the wrist strap broke. I thought it was a bit stupid to have to buy two straps just to get one wrist pin but can't fault the customer care team as they responded to me quickly and arranged to send me it out. I had 2 days later. Can't say much for their eco policy though!!

Top Bottom