Missing part of Ultegra Brake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grellboy

Über Member
Recently stripped bike down for repair. Now mostly rebuilt now but before I hand it back to bike shop for new cables, just reinstalled brakes but having checked it seems I've lost a bolt. I have circled the missing part. Will the lbs have something similar knocking around? Or do I need to order a new one? If so, what is that part even called!?? 😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220228_211446.jpg
    Screenshot_20220228_211446.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 7

13 rider

Guru
Cable adjuster thingy !
I would think a decent bike shop would have one

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Recently stripped bike down for repair. Now mostly rebuilt now but before I hand it back to bike shop for new cables, just reinstalled brakes but having checked it seems I've lost a bolt. I have circled the missing part. Will the lbs have something similar knocking around? Or do I need to order a new one? If so, what is that part even called!?? 😂

As above but just in case SJS will almost certainly be able to supply it for you.

Fantastic resource for clumsy hex rounders etc. 😁

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/brake-spares-shimano/

T4tomo

Legendary Member
before I hand it back to bike shop for new cables
I know some people have jobs they just don't do, but re cabling is relatively straightforward and quite therapeutic and requires minimum of tools, bar a set of decent cable cutters.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
How have you lost that.... PS they fall out if the cable isn't there - had to tape mine to the calipers when I was doing the bike refurb, and mine are 35 years old, so not easy to replace like for like.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Yeah, these buggers are easy to loose when you take the breaks off. As others have said, I would recommend going down to LBS and asking if they happen to have some lying around. A bit painful to replace just the bolt for £15 if the whole break assembly can be had for £50.

Top Bottom