Missing seat post bolt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marthall

Hi,

I have a Boardman Comp bike, and my seat post is missing one of two bolts holding the saddle in place. I don't fancy the Saddle coming lose whilst I'm sitting on it so I'd like to resolve this.

To be fair this situation did not come out of the blue, I suspect that I have over tightened the bolt since I noticed that it had come loose and found I was unable to tighten it up too much (damaged the bolt threads?).

So whilst I wondered what to do I find that the bolt, and the curved grip which allows the seat angle to be adjusted are missing from one side.

My first thought is to try a new bolt, but I can't find somewhere to source a bolt and a 'whatever you call it that is a curved grippy thing'. I guess I may also need a new top clamp if I have damaged the threads by over tightening.

The specification of my bike tells me that I have a Ritchey 27.2mm seat post, which I realise tells us very little about the seat post given that Ritchey have a reasonable variety in their product range. It looks a lot like the Ritchey Comp post on Wiggle (but does not have comp written on the side)

http://www.wiggle.co...p-v2-seat-post/

So any ideas where I can buy this 'stuff'?

Thanks
Martin

ps. the LBS is probably my next stop.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
As most American companies appear eager to please/keep customers, why not contact Ritchey and ask if they can supply?

OP
OP
M

marthall

Gerry,

Thanks, sound advice. I've given it a go, to Ritchey International, the UK Distributor and a random localish bike shop on the list of UK dealers. Funily enough non of their websites were particualry geared up towards recieving queries (US queries only, support queries related to existing orders, etc). We'll wait and see.

Martin

02GF74

Über Member
I sent them a query about their pedals, which they did respond to. albeit a bit late due to the person who normally deals with website query being replaced so there is hope for you.

Shrimp_Stu

I experienced the same missing bolt for my Boardman Team carbon 2010 - the seat post has 31.6mm written on it but the stem measures about 30mm - any luck on sourcing the spare bolt?

Thinking of upgrading the Ritchey comp post but dont know if I need the 29.4mm or 31.6mm (!) - or alternatively as per the o.p. where I can source the bolt and curved bracket that is missing

Top Bottom