Missing the cc Scarborough ride!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Hope you report back that place look's great it's got free unlimited cake so can't be that bad.

OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
I remember meeting you and Al in the Malton tea room, looking like two half-drowned orphans :rain:
The weather hadn't been too bad until that point...... :whistle:
My boots took a full week to dry out!
Also I recall you getting us lost in the woods, adding copious amounts of mud to the driving rain! :laugh:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
Hope you report back that place look's great it's got free unlimited cake so can't be that bad.
Hotel worth the money - a recommend from me! If you stay there, it's definitely worth paying the little bit extra for a sea view. I can confirm the free cake!

View from hotel room window

Breakfast

The bike room

Setting off this morning

Ride was not as good as previous years. Missing the excellent company. We had relentless drizzle for the first half and then the sun came out. The route around Malton needs some rethinking - too many main roads. The whole ride was a bit trafficky as one of the main roads to Scarborough was shut so cars were diverted via the quieter roads we were riding.

Last edited:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Have to admit though, the Scarborough and Llandudno rides are a definite highlight of the year and have been much missed this year.
Here's hoping next year is somewhat better and @nickyboy rides resume with all the usual suspects, plus any new faces.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Have to admit though, the Scarborough and Llandudno rides are a definite highlight of the year and have been much missed this year.
Here's hoping next year is somewhat better and @nickyboy rides resume with all the usual suspects, plus any new faces.
We've rescheduled our LEJOG for May 2021 so may have to rely on you @Kestevan for that one.
Let's hope we are back to normal for Scarborough next year. It's a really nice ride. I very much appreciate everyone taking the time and effort to do these rides. Without people signing up there would be no group rides

OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
We've rescheduled our LEJOG for May 2021 so may have to rely on you @Kestevan for that one.
Let's hope we are back to normal for Scarborough next year. It's a really nice ride. I very much appreciate everyone taking the time and effort to do these rides. Without people signing up there would be no group rides
And I really appreciate those who organise them. I’m not a club type (too disorganised) so really look forward to cyclechat rides as they are the only group rides I do.

Top Bottom