Mixing emulsion question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Hi, I've just emulsioned 2 rooms and I've underestimated the amount of paint needed for the walls. One room is done in tough and washable emulsion and the other has had 1 coat of it but there's not enough left for another coat. Will it be o.k to mix the remainder with another white matt emulsion without any strange issues like bubbling etc? I don't want to buy another tin really at this point. Or would you just emulsion over with standard white matt emulsion? Thanks.

screenman

Legendary Member
You volcanic a small amount of each and paint it on, I have mixed emulsion paint before without problems.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Dont mix.

Let the washable dry off well and cut back with a light sanding first. Put the next coat over without issue

Polyvine water based varnish makes emulsion washable - as a top coat -used to be fairly economical.

OP
OP
K

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Thanks, I've done it. I bought another tin of paint.
2 rooms 6 doorways, 4 doors, 4 lots of different paint and its finally over.
Its been hard work moving all the furniture, especially when I put everything back, then the sun shined on it and I realized it needed 3 coats, not 2. So the furniture had to come out again!.
Walls are as rough as a badgers bottom, it needed a skim really. It looks rustic but clean now.

Top Bottom