Mmm, Free Food

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Freewheeler

Being a bit slow on the uptake, I decided to check if my work site was doing anything for bike week today. Turns out that anyone cycling in can claim a £3 food voucher every day this week. Just had my free burger and chips, result!

This is Birchwood Park, a science park in Warrington. Nice 7 mile commute each way, only contracting here until September and I'm gonna miss it when I finish.

Burgers are no good for when I scalp a few old grannies so im into the high carbs stuff.My body is a temple.it's a ruin.;)

PBancroft

We got Tuesday and Wednesday brekkies for free, several Dr. Bike sessions, and a tryout session on the Bromptons the bigs have bought to encourage people to use the pool cars less.

They were quite good actually.

jimboalee

hackbike 666 said:
Burgers are no good for when I scalp a few old grannies so im into the high carbs stuff.My body is a temple.it's a ruin.:smile:

My body is a temple,,, its in ruins...:biggrin:

A 'scalp' is only a 'scalp' if the cyclist you are passing is 1/ younger than you are, and 2/ riding a bike at least 10lb lighter than yours.

Anything else, we would expect you to overtake them and there is nothing big or clever in that.

Sod all happening round here for Bike Week. When I mentioned it at Monday's breakfast, they didn't know what I was talking about.
Everyone except me buggered off to watch the footie yesterday, which has been the main topic of conversation this week.

I said "Bradley Wiggins has more chance of winning the Tour de France than England winning the World Cup". They replied "Bradley who?"
I said "Bradley Wiggins has more chance of winning the World Cup than any of the England football team FINISHING the Tour de France". They replied "Bradley who?"

Talking about burgers and cycling, a useful rule might be "Biscuits before, Burgers behind".

Top Bottom