1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mmmm......Ice cream oop north

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by vbc, 29 Oct 2007.

1. vbc

vbc Guest

2. girofan

girofan New Member

:tongue::biggrin::biggrin: Yes, well, that's why they live oop North and we restrict ourselves to the Southern counties.
    Following their idiomatic logic the Italians should produce olive or tomato ice cream. xx(:tongue::tongue:

3. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

raspberry ripple crisps anyone?

4. I'm from the home of black puddings and frankly can't think of anything more disgusting to eat than black pudding ice cream...black pudding is bad enough as it is.

5. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Black pudding is lovely.
    Ice-cream is lovely.
    The combination doesn't sound lovely!
    Similarly, I like cycling and I like swimming, but I'd never try to do them at the same time.
    I blame the BBC and Mrs Thatcher for closing the ecky-thump mines.

6. ransos

ransos Legendary Member

7. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Black Pudding Bertha (she's the queen of northern soul)

8. Ha ha! I nearly mentioned that too ransos (from Holcombe Brook myself, used to drink in the Corner Pin on occasion)

9. ransos

ransos Legendary Member

Small world! I was in the Hare & Hounds on friday night (up visiting my family).

10. What's it like in there nowadays? The Shoulder of Mutton is my favourite pub in the whole wide world and so I always go in there when I'm visiting my folks.

11. ransos

ransos Legendary Member

Lyn & Andy are running it again. The real ale's better than the shoulder, but the service probably isn't as good. They're back in the Good Pub Guide.

12. Wow I must make a point of dropping in there next time I'm home. Always loved the Black Sheep and Tim Taylors up at the Shoulder too, so it must be good.

13. on the road

on the road Über Member

I've never tasted black pudding and would never want to, it looks like it's come out of a cows arse xx(

14. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Who's gonna do Marmite ice cream then ???

15. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

but really i want a good ole fashioned raspberry ripple ice cream/lolly like when i was a bairn.