Mobile Phone Geeks.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Since finishing work I find myself turning the PC on less and less and tend to just use the phone for email etc.

However after years of using alt codes on the PC (for writing in languages other than English) it became second nature to me.

It all seems a bit cack handed on a mobile especially as one hand is usually holding said mobile.

Is it an alternative to download language specific keyboards with the obvious drawback every time you want to write in a different language you presumably would have to go into settings and change keyboard.

What do other people do?

netman

Veteran
You don't mention whether Android or iOS, but his should help... https://www.ubergizmo.com/how-to/type-special-characters/

Since finishing work I find myself turning the PC on less and less and tend to just use the phone for email etc.

However after years of using alt codes on the PC (for writing in languages other than English) it became second nature to me.

It all seems a bit cack handed on a mobile especially as one hand is usually holding said mobile.

Is it an alternative to download language specific keyboards with the obvious drawback every time you want to write in a different language you presumably would have to go into settings and change keyboard.

What do other people do?

For writing in different languages and switching languages without switching settings, I use Swiftkey. It automatically recognises your language and inserts special characters without any fuss. You do have to nominate the languages you want it to recognise when you install it, but other than that, there's nothing to switch when you change lingo.

Top Bottom