mobile phone help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
until this week my moto g8 power lite has had good phone and 4g signal at work then all of a sudden the signal is so poor inside i dont have any mobile data connection and the phone signal is very poor,
Work have a guest wifi but my phone cannot see it although it can see the secure wifi connection used by the company for work stuff site wide .
my phone is maxxed out on android 10 and someone has mentioned it might be that my system is outdated ?

Gunk

Guru
I know it’s an obvious one, but have you tried a hard reset, my sons iPhone was dropping out of 4g and that fixed it

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

I know it’s an obvious one, but have you tried a hard reset, my sons iPhone was dropping out of 4g and that fixed it

not yet , i would need to back up a load of stuff 1st , all i can see signal wise is a small connection with an x in it and the letter E instead of 4g
:smile:

Gunk

Guru
not yet , i would need to back up a load of stuff 1st , all i can see signal wise is a small connection with an x in it and the letter E instead of 4g
:smile:

There are two options, a full wipe and restart or just shut the power down and restart it, I would do the latter if you’ve not done it already.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Your phone is no longer supported and won't be updated to a newer Android version. You might get some security updates but not guaranteed. Don't know if that's related to your problems but probably is. You could likely still use it as just a phone.
You need a new phone. It's bad news but the the good news is that good phones have never been more affordable. Check out YouTube for the reviews.

DRM

Guru
Any chance the local cell tower has been turned off for maintenence, or permanently to save money as 3 did round my part of the world

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Your phone is no longer supported and won't be updated to a newer Android version. You might get some security updates but not guaranteed. Don't know if that's related to your problems but probably is. You could likely still use it as just a phone.
You need a new phone. It's bad news but the the good news is that good phones have never been more affordable. Check out YouTube for the reviews.

this is pretty much my thought :sad: i really use it for web browsing etc in breaks at work , the phone bit is handy too . Its a pity as its a good phone still
Any chance the local cell tower has been turned off for maintenence, or permanently to save money as 3 did round my part of the world

dunno , the coverage checker says full coverage in that area

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

apparently if go to the 02 coverage checker ( im sky which piggy backs o2 ) there is an issue but it still doesnt solve my issues long term i guess

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm posting this on a phone running Android 5.8, last updated in March 2018.
Just because it's older, doesn't mean it's the phone at fault.

Coverage wise, the EE checker shows perfect coverage and no issues in my area. But there's often no signal, different numbers and devices, same issue.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

bit the bullet and just went for a moto g13 , the phone although it works is getting so its hard to buy a case i like for it and its the old one is the only phone in the house still on micro usb along with other niggles

Last edited:
Top Bottom