Mobile phones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PBancroft

I need a new phone.

I'll be the first to admit that I think mobile phones are the bane of modern life; people chatting whilst driving, whilst crossing the road, or simply yakking on the device and ignoring people sat three feet away.

So why am I posting a thread about mobile phones? Moreover why am I posting it from a mobile phone?

I hold in my hot sweaty hand a fairly ancient HTC. It has WiFi which allows me to check on my emails and should someone call me I can speak to them too. Sod cameras, MP3 players and all that, this does exactly what I want. But yet I find myself in the market for a new one... again, why?

It's damn heavy and bulky. I don't want to ride around carrying it.

So... can someone recommend me a lightweight phone with wifi?

barq

Generally it is the very well featured phones that have WiFi so often they are larger. I can't think of anything particularly slinky with WiFi. Off the top of my head, the Nokia N78 is smaller than most.

Willow

I have an LG660 (?) which is fine for me, has everything but I'm only really bothered about in case of need phone calls and camera for emergencies (eg if something prangs my car!) oh and occasionally if away from home I use the radio.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
The high end samsung phones are getting better and better, and many have wifi now. I've got their crackberry and it's pretty good....

Top Bottom