Mobile view

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I've only just caught up with the reasons for no longer being able to access CC via Tapatalk - mainly because I've had very limited desktop access lately and it's a royal pain in the backside using CC via Safari on my iPhone, so I've ended up just not visiting CC much.

Now, I don't want to reopen the debate but as regards viewing the forum on a mobile browser, am I missing something? A lot of people have said how good the mobile view is, so I can only assume there's a switch somewhere that I need to press to make it work, because frankly, they can't possibly be talking about the same mobile view that I'm getting...

Anyone?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You need a better phone with a bigger screen, like samsung. None of these tiny iPhone things. :tongue:

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Thank you for your contribution. :bravo:

Seriously, though, is that all it is - it's just crap on an iPhone? I'm not complaining - I just need to know that's what it is rather than not knowing how to optimise the view.

Shaun

Founder
The layout will modify itself automatically based on the size and orientation of the screen; try it in both landscape and portrait mode - one may work better for you than the other.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And what magic button did you press to make it usable on such a small screen?
As Shaun said - the forum software adapted to my little screen in either orientation.

The 2 steps I had to take to make it usable were:
  1. Put on my reading glasses! The text was a sensible size, but my eyes need a little help these days ...
  2. Use a small stylus. My fingers are too big for clicking links on a 3.3" screen. (I have a stylus which docks in the phone's earphone socket.)

albion

Guru
Sounds like an old phone Colin.

Clicking small links now goes to an auto zoom so you can confirm a correct click.
Its probably how people manage with those new fange dangle high definition screens.

ColinJ

Sounds like an old phone Colin.

Clicking small links now goes to an auto zoom so you can confirm a correct click.
Its probably how people manage with those new fange dangle high definition screens.
Only a couple of years or so old ... It can do the zooming thing. but I don't want to have to click everything twice. Anyway, using the stylus helps keep the screen relatively free from greasy fingerprints!

Last edited:

ColinJ

CycleChat-mobile.jpg

It should look something like that on your phone, if all is well!

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
The layout will modify itself automatically based on the size and orientation of the screen

Yep, it does that, so I guess it's behaving as it should, whether I like it or not. Ho hum!

I did find Tapatalk a lot more user-friendly, Shaun, but I understand your reasons for removing support and I remain grateful for what must be a lot of effort required to keep the forum going.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Like smutchin I'm finding the mobile version poor, in my view it is a very, very poor comparison to TapaTalk. My visits have dropped by 90% at least and I rarely dally when I do visit.

Is there a guide or help for those of us struggling with the mobile version? I'm an iPhone user as well

As an aside other sites I use via TapaTalk don't run advertising.

Top Bottom