Mobile view

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Yes, that is my opinion. As I said upthread: YMMV. The point of the thread was never meant to be a poll on people's views of forum usability.

YMMV? sorry I'm not hot on TLA's or even FLA's

The post I initially repsonded to is exactly that though, and you've entered into the same spirit by engaging in the discussion, unbidden, sharing what you enjoyed of tapatalks functionality that you feel you've now lost. Rather harsh don't you think to then flip it with a hugely selective quote and and have a dig? You do seem remarkably sensitive or determined to be unneccesarily hostile over this.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Don't mistake terseness for hostility. I just CBA repeating myself at length. Don't mistake verbosity for usefulness either. We're not paid by the word here.

Shaun and ColinJ answered my original query between them - a dull technical query of narrow scope. Let's just move on, hm?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
landscape view.jpg

That is what my phone displays in landscape mode.

Shaun

Founder
Thanks. I think we've established that lots of people find the mobile view okay to use, however @smutchin is finding it less useable so let's try to suggest things he could do to improve his experience.

Ultimately he may not find the mobile view to his liking - which is okay - I accepted that may be the case for a few people when I removed Tapatalk.

potsy

Rambler
I was a little disappointed initially but am finding it much better since switching my browser to Chrome, no more weird jumping about of the cursor when replying, or jumbled up quotes :thumbsup:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks. I think we've established that lots of people find the mobile view okay to use, however @smutchin is finding it less useable so let's try to suggest things he could do to improve his experience.
Er, ok, in case it wasn't obvious enough ...

I get on fine with the Opera Mobile browser, I've shown what CycleChat now looks like in it, and it is available for iPhone as well as Android, so how about giving that a try @smutchin?

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Thanks for the suggestions, chaps. Tbh, I hadn't thought of trying a different browser for the simple reason that I didn't know such things were available for iPhone without jailbreaking (they weren't last time I looked).

Never been a huge fan of desktop Chrome but I'll try the mobile version. And I've just found Puffin, which looks interesting so I'll give it a try and report back. And I'll try Mercury and Opera too.

Ultimately, I doubt any generic browser is ever going to truly replace a dedicated app's features, but... well, that's ok, I can live with it.

Top Bottom