MOD Chertsey 12/04/08

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

What was the problem with the event?

OP
OP
walker

walker

far to many riders who didn't have the first clue about bike control. I had one lad go into the back of me and we both was lucky to keep the bikes up straight, I saw riders sitting on each others handlebars, riders taking the lead on the front only to slow the pack right down to around 15mph, I know it was ahead wind, but if you don't have the pace don't take the lead. Luckily the only crash was after the race had finished. I took my number off and just went home in discust

Aint Skeered

Walker it was a 4th cat race, what do you expect?
You might be a seasoned racer, but your bound to get people new to racing,
how do you expect them to gain experiance.
As for people sitting in the bunch, well who in there right mind is going to lead out, in that head wind, untill the latter part of the race.
I noticed you tucked in as well I might add:biggrin:.
It was exactly the same scenario in my race(3rd cat) I tried attacking a couple of times, and went also with the breaks, but unless you where really strong it impossible to get away.
Maybe on a windless day it might have been a different. I know I was shagged and just made it into the top 40
You got 12th in your race, what's the problem.
Just looked at the start list 72 riders on a 2 mile closed circuit, which was both wider and smoother than than most roads. Perfect

OP
OP
walker

walker

get your point AS. I think because I've only entered 4th/3rds/2nds races so far this year I think I have fallen into the comfort of knowing everyone has a little bit more skill than newbies.

I guess I had to start somewhere, and pretty much still are, ha ha

I did a quick lap around there on Saturday, with a bit of a chat along the way - as you do - and it was brilliant - almost tempted to go to Hillingdon for a bit of veterans 'training', never having done anything like that before...:blush:
Well done you boys who made it through that gusty morning - I left when some maniac in the first race was trying to blast off after one lap..!:biggrin:

yenrod

Tonight - I attended the 'local chainy' instead of the usual 5 - around 15 turned out...

Never seen such an unorganised bunch in me life...bloody awfull.

Touching wheels, near-misses (with each other), nervy vibe in group, no set pace, people who missed the turn - to go the front,...

Absolutely all over the place...

I stayed at the back let them fight it out - waiting for a crash.

We hit a climb so as I was at the back of the group the it split and as I was at the back of the group that go got shelled (feeling ok), once we were over the top; I led them back up and some fella was dropping back and as we were on the way to 'joining' the main group the bloke started kicking off - "I drop back to pull you back on' and your pulling them back"...

I couldn't understand that one ????

Still, generally a bad ride but it was training...

NOODLY - DONT READ CAUSE I DONT THINK YOU UNDERSTAND THIS TRAINING TALK !

Top Bottom