Moments in history

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martinsnos

It is obvious there is a new generation of riders. I see some of the ‘old guard’ and know little of their past exploits.
I’m reading David Millar’s book and it led me to Tony Martin’s solo win in the 2014 TdF. It made me a bit emotional tbh because you just know that it was one of the defining moments of his career and meant so much to him.
It seems a shame when people reach the end of their career but without it the next generation wouldn’t get their chance to make history.

Sharky

Guru
When topics like this pop up, the one moment in history that I think back to is the sad day that Tommy Simpson died. I was only 17 at the time and didn't believe things like that ever happened.

OP
OP
M

Martinsnos

When topics like this pop up, the one moment in history that I think back to is the sad day that Tommy Simpson died. I was only 17 at the time and didn't believe things like that ever happened.

Yes - always a shock when you first realise it can happen to ‘anyone’ in any aspect of one’s life.
Back to cycling specific, it is an amazing spectacle and risk just needs to be reduced where the obvious dangers are.
So looking forward to all the races coming up.

Top Bottom