Money for a road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
I dont get it?

jack smith

Veteran
Ahh, is there a reason? I had my only bike nicked and got help on here which i was very grateful for but donated to charity ect in exchange for little bits but it go me back on the road, if its just parts your after for a charity build or something like sending bkes to africa ill gladly help. But if its asking for cash without good cause thats abit iffy.

compo

Veteran
As the old saying goes, there's no harm in trying!

I wonder if he has researched the "proper" asking for money sites.

vickster

Legendary Member
If you want a roadbike but can't afford it, sell the bike in your signature and buy one. Or fleabay some other possessions, perhaps you are into that gaming nonsense so sell the toys ;)

Or ask your mum, as Christmas is coming

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Or do what I'm doing; a spare Carrera road frame/fork from eBay plus a pile of donated Freecycle bits. With some spare wheels I bought off cyberknight earlier this year for a project that's done and gone.

I'm sure I'll make a winter bike out of that lot. It may not look pretty but it'll see me through Jan/Feb and then onto eBay.

compo

Veteran
Or do what I'm doing; a spare Carrera road frame/fork from eBay plus a pile of donated Freecycle bits. With some spare wheels I bought off cyberknight earlier this year for a project that's done and gone.

I'm sure I'll make a winter bike out of that lot. It may not look pretty but it'll see me through Jan/Feb and then onto eBay.

Apart from my Trek FX3 hybrid which I bought new that is how I get most of my bikes. My Raleigh MTB was a job lot, just a frame, with a couple of other junk bikes I got for a fiver on Ebay. I had most of what I needed to build it. My roadbike was recently kindly given to me by a fellow CC'er. The problem is that freebies never seem to come up at the right time. The OP doesn't say why he wants a roadbike. If he had good reason he may find people can help fix him up, probably not with money but with bits and pieces towards being able to build himself a bike.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

I am in a similar position, i will be trawling ebay ec for some winter wheels as although the MTB is great its bloooming hard work so the vanquish will get a downgrade .

young Ed

Veteran
I want to upgrade my bike to full Dura Ace DI2.
Any donations of money towards the project most welcome.
could do with a ti di2 commuter and a very similar bike for leisure and touring/audax then a probably similar but maybe mechanical DA as a winter bike and then i need a carbon di2 just because i need it and for those strava KOM's and i've always fancied a recumbent
anyone want to help me with this?

that's once i have got my family to understand the need for more than one bike!
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom