Mongrel or pedigree needing grooming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Be worth a bit more in the UK.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
well why not start buying them and sell them offering to ship them into the uk
I have given it a bit of thought and l came to the conclusion that l would have to ship them maybe 8 or 10 at a time which has got to be more economical than piecemeal. So that begs the question, do l buy to order or take a risk and buy what appeals to me and hope that someone else feels as enthusiastic?
Any thoughts !

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I have given it a bit of thought and l came to the conclusion that l would have to ship them maybe 8 or 10 at a time which has got to be more economical than piecemeal. So that begs the question, do l buy to order or take a risk and buy what appeals to me and hope that someone else feels as enthusiastic?
Any thoughts !
French and Italian bikes, exotic in UK, seemingly likewise with high end Raleigh's in France but the 'fixie' crowd in 'that there London' seem to be chopping those about in short order (then leaving them in sheds to rot cos they're not really 'in to' cycling, just posing with their 'cool' bike 3 times a year before the lure of a bmw is too great.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Any thoughts !

I had a contact in Italy for a while and he could do 3 or 4 frames for not a lot more than just sending 1

The biggest issue in bulk shipping is not many people will buy more than 1 or 2 at a time , and the prep time to get 8 or 10 ready for resale could be quite a few hours each and how many people have extra storage for that many bikes in one go ?

Buying to order is risky as what you see as good others dont so you need to make sure buyer is happy with what he is getting before sending, i would just go with buying what you think will re sell .

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
French and Italian bikes, exotic in UK, seemingly likewise with high end Raleigh's in France but the 'fixie' crowd in 'that there London' seem to be chopping those about in short order (then leaving them in sheds to rot cos they're not really 'in to' cycling, just posing with their 'cool' bike 3 times a year before the lure of a bmw is too great.
They would be "hipsters" then lm guessing!
I think that if l come across yer Continental exotica at a reasonable price (i.e. tiny euros) l will buy and take it from there , l suppose UK eBay would be a start .

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I had a contact in Italy for a while and he could do 3 or 4 frames for not a lot more than just sending 1

The biggest issue in bulk shipping is not many people will buy more than 1 or 2 at a time , and the prep time to get 8 or 10 ready for resale could be quite a few hours each and how many people have extra storage for that many bikes in one go ?

Buying to order is risky as what you see as good others dont so you need to make sure buyer is happy with what he is getting before sending, i would just go with buying what you think will re sell .
Yes l think you are on the money there, in any case l wouldn't be happy to buy something l didn't like in the hope someone else would.
I guess its like any other type of dealing.. you have to trust your judgement and learn by your mistakes as fast as possible.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I will drop the seller a line and find out what the cost to UK would be and go from there ! By the way are there hipsteresseshairdressers in UK?

Top Bottom