Monzo card anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gasman

Old enough to know better, too old to care!
Got myself a Monzo card for a holiday. Useful little gadget, withdraw foreign currency at a good exchange rate with no charges. They've given me a 'Golden Ticket' to pass on. It'll get you a card without going on the waiting list (if there still is one).

PM me if you want it.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/prepaid-travel-cards says it's pretty good, but not accepted for some car hire, filling stations or toll booths, if that matters to anyone here.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
[QUOTE 4913337, member: 45"]We use a Halifax mastercard which doesn't charge commission.[/QUOTE]
That's a credit card (a good one, also covered on the website I linked) which is a rather different beast. I've preferred prepaid cards for countries which don't even check the signature because the maximum loss (only temporary so far) is limited.

We've all got a Monzo card in our family. So far so good. A lot of prepaid cards will be refused in certain situations, so far I've only not been able to use it contactless once and had to put my pin in. Both sons have used it abroad all over Europe this summer without issues or ridiculous charges and it's a matter of a simple click if you need to transfer money to them.

They've had a few outages as their card payment processing is still done by a third party but they are aiming to bring it in house soon. So so far, very good and I'd recommend them. Push Notifications to your phone are excellent.

My wife has been using one for contactless payments in the office canteen for a few weeks, seems very happy with it. (The canteen doesn't accept cash). Just got one myself. Makes managing the current account easier, instead of loads of minor payments on the current account every month, just a small number of transfers to keep the Monzo card topped up. No more transactions than old world ATM withdrawals.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom