Moped: Just for a moment I was Lance...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
...or some racer anyway. And I'm not normally competitive at all on a bike.

Pulled up in an ASL yesterday, alongside comes this horrible noisy moped - a really loud one. Normally I just give motorbikes in the ASL A Look, which they don't see anyway. But this one was so noisy, just ticking over, and the red mist descended...:biggrin:

So when the lights changed... I was off! My acceleration was about twice as much as normal, and I honked out of the saddle like mad. And for a glorious, oooh, two, three seconds, I was holding level with him...:smile:

Of course, once he got into second gear, he tore off. And I don't suppose he even noticed my efforts. But for those few seconds, it was worth it! :smile:

And thanks to Mickle for the tip he gave me last night when I told the story. I'll never use it, but it's fun to know...:biggrin:

Keeping up with a scooter can be done and I have seen the proof.

AndyB (who is now over here I think) posted this video on youtube

You almost feel sorry for the moped rider!

You just need to put in some training Arch.....:biggrin:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Oh.:biggrin:

I'm really slow. :smile:

Bugger. :smile:

Jesus, that was quick! Would have been so cool if he'd overtaken, even if he then had to nip off down a side road for a breather...:biggrin:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
:biggrin: Arch, never mind - don't be too dispirited (sp?).

I must admit I prefer Andy's other vid of his race against the scooter:

You've gotta love that straining engine to get past and then immediately turn off the main road (perhaps to the local garage to get repairs done?).

It does feel good when you blow them away though, no matter how long you last. :biggrin:

Top Bottom