More and More silly motorists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I'm unsurprised. People are so bloody impatient.

hackbike 6

User3143 said:
Who would want to argue with a train?

You'd be surprised.I remember a set of AHB's at the time down the Reading Road called Star Lane crossing and when I first used to go from Waterloo to Reading I was always confronted with cars crossing when I was approaching Waterloo AHB crossing (which was nearby) and I was doing 70mph.Needless to say there was an accident at Star Lane and a woman got killed and a train derailed.

They then made that crossing full barrier after that.Apparently she was waiting at the crossing and her stiletto got stuck in the accelerator.

The peds climbing over the barriers,I've had that loads of times.I don't worry about it anymore.If I run them over then that's their lookout.

A place that normally happens is Feltham.

dondare

Über Member
BentMikey said:
I think we should ban trains and HGVs. [/dondare]

Ban them from public roads. Keep them on the right tracks.

Level crossings could probably be made safer.

dondare

Über Member
Have 'em all manned. Plenty of unemployed people getting paid for doing nothing, why not put some of them on level-crossing duty?

Arch

Married to Night Train
dondare said:
Have 'em all manned. Plenty of unemployed people getting paid for doing nothing, why not put some of them on level-crossing duty?

Would that help? Unless you have the crossing staff actually standing in the road blocking traffic and even then, some idiots would swerve round. I'd have thought if someone dices with a LC, and gets hit, it's all happened too fast for any staff to alert trains etc...

Serves them right, and I feel sorry for the train drivers.

gavintc

Guru
If you travel to other countries - for example France, the rail lines are a lot less protected than here. Indeed, the lines often run alongside a road with no fence. Personally, I think people should take more responsibility for their actions. I presume that you support the US action that resulted in coffee being sold in cups that stated - 'contains hot liquids'. You cannot legislate for idiots. As someone else has said - Darwin Award time - But, I feel sorry for the train dirvers and any passengers.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
dondare said:

They would just end up as record-takers, noting and recording offences, and prolly just as ignored as some lollipop ladies

Top Bottom