More close pass outcomes with Avon & Somerset Police

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would just like to say well done for uploading your videos to the police for action. I have had cameras for must be over 8 yrs and only bothered trying to upload a video once to the police. The Essex police seemed to make it as hard as possible to actually upload a video, had to show 15 minutes before and after the incident , the website crashed etc etc and I gave up after 4 hrs in the end. I am just a lazy sod I suppose.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I would just like to say well done for uploading your videos to the police for action. I have had cameras for must be over 8 yrs and only bothered trying to upload a video once to the police. The Essex police seemed to make it as hard as possible to actually upload a video, had to show 15 minutes before and after the incident , the website crashed etc etc and I gave up after 4 hrs in the end. I am just a lazy sod I suppose.

Thanks 👍

Sometimes these things change and improve, maybe try again sometime.

I used to report online with a link to an unlisted YouTube upload, or contact my local beat team who'd visit dangerous drivers back in 2016-2017.

I’ve reported 2 drivers in the last year, although had cameras for a number of years. The change is because the local force (Cambs) has made it very easy, with only a couple on mins either side of the incident required.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I'm a bit unsure whether or not I'll report this. I mean it's not great driving but at least my life wasn't at risk.

View: https://youtu.be/HTerC6GFsn4

Not great driving, as you say.

I'm sure if the car was on blues & twos you would have stopped, but those who are there to uphold the law should be obeying it really. On the other hand, cutting an emergency worker some slack is a good thing.

Not great driving, as you say.

I'm sure if the car was on blues & twos you would have stopped, but those who are there to uphold the law should be obeying it really. On the other hand, cutting an emergency worker some slack is a good thing.

No wasn't rushing anywhere - down at the end of the road he was happy to wait in a queue of traffic. No lights or sirens.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I'd have been tempted to ask them who taught them to drive like that....quite loudly.

One thing that irks me with police cars, they think that when attending a non emergency appointment, they can just park anywhere - brow of hill double parked etc etc.

baby-boop-boops

I have a mount which attaches the camera to the rails of the seat, pointing to the rear. This means the camera is "upside down" but, there is a setting to automatically invert the image. (My camera is a "cheap" AKASO EK7000, but, I assume most, if not all, cameras have a similar facility.

hi ,could you tell me which mount you use for your rear camera please.

Top Bottom