More Garmin Woes ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I feel for you all. I have a car navigation system from them, also works on the bicycle. Never been able to get Garmin's site to do what it should, nor the device. I chalk it up to experience, as they did replace my old one as it was recalled due to the battery having a tendency to burst into flame. Glad I could be an unwitting beta tester for them, and unwittingly put a $20,000 car and my wife at risk. This sort of thing is the fault of the battery supplier, but the responsibility of Garmin, and they did right by replacing it, but they would have done better by testing it. For me, I stick with the phone and the wired bike computer for now, until something better comes along. Doing the same with helmet cameras. It seems crazy to me that things like Garmins and Go-Pros have so many problems, for all they cost. I'm sure part of the equation is ship it, and if there's something wrong with it, the customer is committed to getting it fixed due to the high price. Seems like an extortionate way to do business.

robing

Über Member
I have got Garmin Express to work. Garmin have closed down the upload web page so you have to use Express. See my new thread..

Dunno if it's just me, but a Nuvi car satnav we bought last year actually seems to be worse at route finding than the one it replaced, which must have been 7/8 years old, even keeping the maps updated (free lifetime maps).
Maybe the problem is there are more minor roads on the newer maps giving it more options which it fails to get right, hence the regular news reports of vehicles driving down and getting stuck in places they have no right to be.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I have got Garmin Express to work. Garmin have closed down the upload web page so you have to use Express. See my new thread..
Not really their fault. Internet browsers were becoming patchy with support for communicator plugin, what was preferable, dropping uploading entirely or express?

And to be honest, Express is a brilliant program, effortless syncing, updates, map updates and most importantly, its's used to configure wifi on the edge 1000.

A very happy ex 800/500/510/810 user and current Edge 1000 lover. ^_^

Top Bottom