More idiots..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
So today was my first day back on the commuting wheels since my bad accident. This morning went great, fully aware of all dangers and happy I finally got back in the saddle. Tonight, just left work and there's about 6 kids (maybe 12years old) in the road, shouting carrying on etc. I'm nervy as it is but I pass by them slowly and carefully and take a sigh of relief. Next thing I felt a hard thump on my back and ones of them has thrown part of a brick at me! Full breaks, going slow anyways so I was ok but in the road and shaking. Turn round and they're running off...

This time I rang the police straight away, no second thoughts. Well, I got onto a safe path first!

Police came round to get full details and the policeman was actually one of my best friends brothers funnily enough!

I'm fine, got a bruise on my back but didn't fall and no damage to the bike.

Really made me think though. My son is a bit older than them and never in his life would he ever do that to someone. Then thought... Neither would any of his friends either. So this one kid who threw the rock v's all these great kids, I know...hmmm maybe natural selection is working...

Drago

Legendary Member
Bloody hell, you're not having much luck.

AndyWilliams

Über Member
My son is a bit older than them and never in his life would he ever do that to someone. Then thought... Neither would any of his friends either. So this one kid who threw the rock v's all these great kids, I know...hmmm maybe natural selection is working...

That's what all parents would like to think ;)

OP
OP
luckyfox

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
Bloody hell, you're not having much luck.

I didn't let it get to me. Can't help their being morons in the world!

Where abouts in Durham?

I was just leaving the Aycliffe industrial estate. The police are looking at CCTV as its classesd as assault apparently. I'd love to see the smug grin on the little creeps face then if they do find him!!

HailshamHoop

I know the thoughts of many about the following but maybe a cheap helmet camera for any future incidents (hopefully none), I'd never cycle without mine.
Ride/stay safe

OP
OP
luckyfox

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
I know the thoughts of many about the following but maybe a cheap helmet camera for any future incidents (hopefully none), I'd never cycle without mine.
Ride/stay safe

Great idea, didn't think of that, maybe it's time for me to step up to protect myself! If I had one of them Id have a picture of the kids for the police... Here's the lesson for me to learn!

Thanks for that!

One of the perks of video......

Had someone in a van from a local company throw a half bottle of coke at me.

Following Saturday nipped round to the shop which was quite busy and discussed politely with the manager the actions of their employee, returning the bottle and a video of the event

He was not happy that a dozen customers were being made aware of the event, or that three had walked out.

Got an apology though!

HailshamHoop

One of the perks of video......

Had someone in a van from a local company throw a half bottle of coke at me.

Following Saturday nipped round to the shop which was quite busy and discussed politely with the manager the actions of their employee, returning the bottle and a video of the event

He was not happy that a dozen customers were being made aware of the event, or that three had walked out.

Got an apology though!

I wish you had recorded the shop visit and posted it, sounded fun

Drago

Legendary Member
Until the police arrive. If you're in the right and your moral position unassailable there's no need to resort to such tactics, at least not straight off.

As for our OP yes, sounds like an assault ABH. Bloody fortunate you didn't come off the Bike and suffer worse.

Top Bottom