More Lidl bike gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
tyred said:
I want a unicycle!!

They're bloody tricky to ride.

I wonder if you can take them on the Tube.

Track pump for me.

ChrisKH

Guru
I have one of the tool kits and it has, for occasional jobs, been very good. Not sure i'd want to pay that much for it now though.

tyred

Legendary Member
Alembicbassman said:
They're bloody tricky to ride.

I wonder if you can take them on the Tube.

Track pump for me.

I wouldn't mind trying to learn a unicycle at some point. Give me more ways to fall on the ground and look stupid:smile:

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Ultegra components are good.

The frame is probably assembled in Taiwan at one of the main factories that do the big brands.

I'd be a bit sniffy about after sales service, warranty etc...

I got a brand new full 105 equiped Raleigh U6 Pro for under £500, Ultegra is the next level up from mine.

MajorMantra

HLaB said:
I was expecting a £99 special :blush: but that actually looks like a decent bike. You'll get a similarly spec'd bike from a lbs for not much more though,

Will you though? Something like the 105-equipped Focus Variado Expert from Wiggle is £809 and anything from the big names is going to be more. In 2009 prices an £800 bike with full Ultegra looks like quite a deal, although the Lidl one is a bit agricultural looking IMO, that frame is not very nice looking.

Matthew

MajorMantra said:
Will you though? Something like the 105-equipped Focus Variado Expert from Wiggle is £809 and anything from the big names is going to be more. In 2009 prices an £800 bike with full Ultegra looks like quite a deal, although the Lidl one is a bit agricultural looking IMO, that frame is not very nice looking.

Matthew
Its quite scary how much prices have risen in the last few weeks.

Stu99

Über Member
Found this on a quick search (Source Time Out New York)
How to

ride a unicycle

We tapped Long Islander and longtime unicyclist trainer Adam Cohen (justonewheel.com) to show us how to ride around like a circus bear.—Drew Toal
564.x400.iny.unicycle01.jpg

Illustration: Atsuhiro Saisho

Step 1: Mounting
Place the saddle between your legs while bracing yourself with a wall or chair. Press one pedal toward the bottom of the wheel and use it like a step to levy your body. For steadying, Cohen suggests butting the uni against a woodblock. Don’t fall on your face!

564.x400.iny.unicycle03.jpg

Step 2: Building command
After you’ve rotated your feet so that they’re parallel to the ground, bring your “favorite foot” in front and send your nonfavorite foot to the back. (This will feel awkward.) Slowly rock back and forth until you feel comfortable. “Remember to always tuck your shoelaces into your shoes and out of the way of the wheel,” says Cohen.

564.x400.iny.unicycle04.jpg

Step 3: Steady now
“Support yourself against a wall and lean forward,” says Cohen. “Your feet will have no choice but to follow.” Stare straight ahead and make a full rotation of the pedals, then another, and another.

564.x400.iny.unicycle02.jpg

Step 4: Roll out
You’re rolling, at last! And now you have a cool new skill.

dav1d

My local Lidl has got a Motorcycle rain suit in for approx £13: could be good for cycling in the rain?

Top Bottom