More Riders, less racers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Here its the same summer and winter, I rarely see another cyclist whilst commuting, seen a few near home tonight, but they were just the local kids playing on their BMX's, no lights and all over the road. The ride home has been in the dark for a few weeks now, permanent late shift, and has been noticeably slower, I cant make my up if its the temporary lights in Bedworth, the lower gearing, I've dropped the gearing on my fixed to 65 from 68, or I'm in winter mode already.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I had a choice of stands in the bike shed this morning which made a nice change from having to chain Josie up to the mesh walls like I had to do all summer. The ridiculous Bromptons which took up one stand each had also disappeared too.

Did anyone feel that the roads were quieter this morning? Queenstown Road wasn't backed up at all and Sloane Street was almost a joy to cycle down, both there and coming home.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I've noticed this week that I'm paying far more attention to the contact patch as I enter a bed and I'm being very careful to get all my braking done early.
I'm not sure I wanted to know about your romantic night-time activities .... and I've never come across 'braking' as a euphemism in that sense. Or am I misunderstanding something?

zigzag

Veteran
i've seen plenty of cyclists today (through the bus window). i wished i was one of them.

tick tock!..

Top Bottom