More speed cameras to go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
I think it's just a reflection that many drivers don't really pay very much attention to the speedometer at all, especially in urban areas. I take the angry 'I don't want to have to be watching the speedometer all the time' for code that I hardly ever look at the speedometer and I feel slightly guilty about it now you mention it, but I don't want to admit any failings as I'm an excellent driver.

its not hard to look at the whole dashboard in one quick glance and know exactly where all the dials are showing.
and they are limits not targets, so i generaly drive at just under and know where the needle should be for each speed limit.

dan b said:
Driver impatience at the end of SPECS-enforced stretches of road does seem to be a real consideration, in my limited experience. If you don't accelerate to NSL in the space of 20 yards and one second flat, the driver behind will tailgate and flash lights at you until you do. But that's the driver behind's problem, not the specs cameras

now thats the opposite experience. unless you mean at the finish of roadworks when people have been reduced to 50 for 10 miles or so. Then it tends to be repmobiles ( audis are the new peanut carrier)

the ones on the A14 are great and have reduced what used to be a 1 hour plus journey from M11 to A1 down to about 30 minutes( i m going to have to time it nowaren't I ) as there isn't the stop start stop start that happened with all the truvelo cameras that were there.

turnout

She also doesn't understand that in real terms the cost of motoring has fallen.

Top Bottom