More Subforums?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
Forgive me if its been asked before but in the informal meets section is it possible to have subforums for each part of the country? I find sometimes its hard to find events in my area and i know the tag part was introduced but can it be done? If it cant be done then its no big deal

Thanks in advance

Col

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Phew..... I thought this was going to be a general suggestion, in which case I was going to beg that such a thing doesn't happen, the amount of sections on the forum seems to be ever growing, lol, but this suggestion makes a lot of sense!

Shaun

Founder
Forgive me if its been asked before but in the informal meets section is it possible to have subforums for each part of the country? I find sometimes its hard to find events in my area and i know the tag part was introduced but can it be done? If it cant be done then its no big deal

The prefix tags are clickable - when you click on one it shows all threads with the same tag - so if you're looking for rides in a particular area you can click a matching tag to see all rides for that area.

It adds context for search results too and negates the need to create a whole host of separate sub-forums and sub-sub-forums. :thumbsup:

So the advice really is for thread starters in the Rides forums to pick a matching regional prefix when creating the thread.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
The prefix tags are clickable - when you click on one it shows all threads with the same tag - so if you're looking for rides in a particular area you can click a matching tag to see all rides for that area.

It adds context for search results too and negates the need to create a whole host of separate sub-forums and sub-sub-forums. :thumbsup:

So the advice really is for thread starters in the Rides forums to pick a matching regional prefix when creating the thread.

Cheers,

Thanks shaun, didnt know you could do that, i'm not sure if there is a need for it but what if you wanted a section to talk about things that happen in that part of the country without wanting to meet up as such, please say if im not making any sense :hyper:

Shaun

Founder
Thanks shaun, didnt know you could do that, i'm not sure if there is a need for it but what if you wanted a section to talk about things that happen in that part of the country without wanting to meet up as such, please say if im not making any sense :hyper:

It's something I've considered and is technically possible (one person using this software has over 3,500 forums :eek: !) but at the moment we don't really have a large enough userbase to warrant separate forums for each individual region so it's best just to use the Cafe or the General Cycling forums for regional chat for the moment and just make it clear in the thread title. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
It's something I've considered and is technically possible (one person using this software has over 3,500 forums :eek: !) but at the moment we don't really have a large enough userbase to warrant separate forums for each individual region so it's best just to use the Cafe or the General Cycling forums for regional chat for the moment and just make it clear in the thread title. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Thanks for your quick reply :thumbsup: I understand what you mean and like i said i wasnt sure if there was a need for it but its just something i thought of :laugh:

Top Bottom