Morning Rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A road I cycle up splits into 3, with my lane being a left turn only lane and as usual there was a queue in the other two lanes so I would expect (being a cynic) vehicles to swerve into my lane to undertake the main flow before cutting back in at the junction. Didn't expect a black cab too when I was 1/2 way past it, I will in future :sad:. Thank god I was in the primary so when he suddenly swerved I had room to swerve into. I think I'm going to develop a detachable pannier or a brick something I can throw at idiots like that, might make them check their mirrors first. Rant over.

Tetedelacourse

Bloody hell HlaB, could have been so much worse, glad you avoided serious consequences.

Maz

Guru
Glad you're OK HLaB...I hate it when drivers do that, just to get to the 'front' of a queue and then cut in to the lane they need to be in.

I think you should play that On the National Express song to cheer yourself up.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just do the ' ehhhz' hand signal. I have a particular point where people carriers with kids in pull out on a regular basis...the drivers just look blank as your brakes are squeeling to a stand still. Might one day, not stop so hard and put a front tyre mark into their door.

Tetedelacourse

fossyant said:
Just do the ' ehhhz' hand signal. I have a particular point where people carriers with kids in pull out on a regular basis...the drivers just look blank as your brakes are squeeling to a stand still. Might one day, not stop so hard and put a front tyre mark into their door.

Your bikes are WAY too clean to leave marks:biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
You need a recumbent for that. Apparently a pedal strike to a door panel leaves a lovely gert dent!!! Not that I would know, I've never done this. :sad:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Maz said:
Glad you're OK HLaB...I hate it when drivers do that, just to get to the 'front' of a queue and then cut in to the lane they need to be in.

I think you should play that On the National Express song to cheer yourself up.

Oh, yes, that's a very good tune, it's on my MP3 player...

Its an arm held out in a kind of "shrugging, what-the-f*uck-was-that?" gesture. Ocasionally converted into the time honoured w@nker gesture.

surfgurl

Is that the hand signal which is sometimes accompanied by the "Hello... I am here you know!" shout? (Please insert swearwords as required)

km991148

I've always fancied (when caught up with said vehicle) extending my leg and raising my foot high enough to knock the wing mirror clean off.. (well if they aint gonna use it..), never actually done it tho and dont think it would help, other than for about 2 seconds after doing it..

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's the hand signal...not offensive but can be made so.... if you can do no handed then a double one might help, but that will deffo mean crashing into the obstruction.....

As for the clean bikes..... argh you have a point..........I used to get called 'marrigold' by club members because of that........

Tetedelacourse

fossyant said:
That's the hand signal...not offensive but can be made so.... if you can do no handed then a double one might help, but that will deffo mean crashing into the obstruction.....

As for the clean bikes..... argh you have a point..........I used to get called 'marrigold' by club members because of that........

:sad:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
If you carry a D lock mounted on your frame, then dethatching it an waving it about has the effect of concentrating minds...

Joe

Über Member
This morning some dopey woman decided to use the cycle path (not a big fan but this one is generally ok) to undertake the cars in front of her, running me off the road in the process. I considered kicking a dent in her car (I was wearing steel toe capped boots!) when I caught up but I'm too chilled out and just carried on to work.

Top Bottom