Morocco

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
thanks andy, i couldn't work it out ..

OP
OP
smith4188

smith4188

Veteran
Since planning this trip four years ago I've finally got around to doing it. I started ten days ago from Melilla and headed through the weed centre in the Rif Mountains. Now in the blue city of Chefchaouen but planning to do as much of the country as is possible in three months. So far the weather has been sunny (though freezing at night), it's cheap and the people are friendly, especially away from the tourist areas. So far, highly recommended.

If you're interested in following the journey, please search on Facebook for Europe by Bicycle. (Yes, I know it's not Europe but it's only six miles away.)

OP
OP
smith4188

smith4188

Veteran
any chance of anything note on facebook?

I've just started to add a few photos to Instagram, which I don't really get if I'm being honest. But if someone has a pathological hatred of Facebook, you can find me there under (I think) europebyvanandbicycle (although the van is now gone).

That said, as far as I am aware, my Facebook page is wide open. I'm pretty sure you can see it without registering with FB.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I've just started to add a few photos to Instagram, which I don't really get if I'm being honest. But if someone has a pathological hatred of Facebook, you can find me there under (I think) europebyvanandbicycle (although the van is now gone).

That said, as far as I am aware, my Facebook page is wide open. I'm pretty sure you can see it without registering with FB.

Anyone with a paranoid fear of fb, will also feel equally terrorised by instagram.
They're both owned by the same soul zuckering behemoth now.

I'll take a risk on following you though, as I've been fancying a revisit to Morocco for some time.
I do remember Chechaoun (sp) as being very lovely though.

Best of all though was Anti Atlas, all to come for you yet.. Very 'citing. ^_^

The people and food and landscape were particularly nice.

Anyone with a paranoid fear of fb, will also feel equally terrorised by instagram.
They're both owned by the same soul zuckering behemoth now.

Yes I know.

Am not paranoid or terrorised - just pretty much avoid signing in. For good reasons. Always have. I gather they hit the news a while back. Came as no great surprise to me.

Thanks for the reply smith - not pathological either :smile: - just reason and morality. (note - am not ticking you off)

Have read several of your books.

I would recommend them to one and all.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Yes I know.

Am not paranoid or terrorised - just pretty much avoid signing in. For good reasons. Always have. I gather they hit the news a while back. Came as no great surprise to me.

Thanks for the reply smith - not pathological either :smile: - just reason and morality. (note - am not ticking you off)

Have read several of your books.

I would recommend them to one and all.

No, I realise they are a major threat to democracy and so forth.

My rationale for being in those places, is that my postings are so impenetrably random, nay quixotic, that I might manage to take down an algorithm or two myself, before they take us all out.

Kinda like a sleepercell, waiting to detonate one last 'utter nonsense bomb' :rolleyes:

Yeah I know, espionagial fantsist etc etc.

clid61

Veteran

Im in Marrakech at the moment, when I came out in December I found this collective : https://www.pikalabikes.com/ , spend a couple of hours in their workshop and they will put you up ( ie air b&b , warmshowers ) .
Enjoy your trip and if poss please do visit Ouzod Waterfall

OP
OP
smith4188

smith4188

Veteran
I asked for info about Morocco a while back and it didn't seem like many had been there. I'm now back after nearly three months there this spring (with the arrival of Covid to make things more exciting). I've added a page to my Europe By Bicycle site about Morocco if anyone's interested. It's incredibly beautiful (mostly) and extremely cheap but not without issues. The info's at http://europebybicycle.com/Cycling-in-Morocco.php

Top Bottom