Mortirolo's bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

pics003pt4.jpg
pics001pk8.jpg

My Wilier Mortirolo(best bike) Full Campagnolo groupset. And my Giant SCR4 (Winter Hack) Shimano, Truvativ, SRAM mix.

longers

Legendary Member
Very nice indeed :biggrin:. No wonder you're proud of the Wilier.

There seems to be a couple of problems though:-

i) Chain not on large chain ring on Wilier
ii) Valves not at bottom of wheels.

Not my rules :becool:.

(I wouldn't have noticed or cared but someone mentioned it elsewhere :biggrin:).

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Arrrrgghhh...What have I done LOL!!!!:becool: Rules are made to be broken?!:biggrin:;) Now just let me see, have I locked the door, locked the door, locked the door, hmm, must go back and check, go back and check, go back and check... is the shed door locked, is the chain on the big ring, are the valves at the bottom or the top...Oh no valves must be at the bottom, yes must be at the bottom, yes must be at the bottom...

stevenb

longers said:
Very nice indeed :biggrin:. No wonder you're proud of the Wilier.

There seems to be a couple of problems though:-

i) Chain not on large chain ring on Wilier
ii) Valves not at bottom of wheels.

Not my rules :becool:.

(I wouldn't have noticed or cared but someone mentioned it elsewhere :smile:).

Well spotted :biggrin:

Nice bikes indeed. :biggrin:
Your Zonda's really suit the bike. You just need my nice Shimano shoes to compliment the colour scheme of your bike now.:biggrin:

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

arranandy said:
Nice bikes. My Wilier is being delivered on Wednesday - I can't wait!!!!:evil:

Which model are you getting? What I like about mine is apart from the obvious stuff, full carbon frame etc, lovely Campy Groupset, is that I haven't seen another one around, oh, apart from last years White Horse Challenge, when a guy cycled up beside me and said "nice bike mate" when I looked to see what he was riding and to return the compliment, I noticed he was on a Wilier Mortirolo too!

I'm getting the Iozard Pro. Campy Centaur gruppo and lovely Fulcrum Racing 3 wheels. I've had to buy 'her indoors' new flooring for the kitchen to pacify her

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Very nice too, you'll love it. I had to sign a contract stipulating that I wouldn't upgrade or buy another bike. I have already changed the OE
wheels(Fulcrum R7's) for the Zondas it currently sits on...Oh well :evil:

peterdowning

Veteran
Like computer upgrades, in my experience, bike upgrades are easy to get past the other half. Unless I resprayed the frame a different colour she'd never notice!

Actually, she's always been very good and let me get most of the things I need/want :evil:

Love the Wilier Mortirolo. It's almost worth getting one just for the name.

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Strictly speaking I was able to slip the wheels in under the wire, as they were funded by birthday money.

Yes, the name is another point, it just sounds great doesn't it?! I love the Italian connection too.

There is also a touch of irony, those who know me will confirm that my climbing ability still has room for improvement.

As you'll all know,The Mortirolo is a monster of a climb often included in the Giro, which I am unlikely to ever tackle, but we can all dream.

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Hopefully, <fingers cossed> is the Giant SCR in its final incarnation, complete with Campag Veloce Groupset and Fulcrum R7's. The fulcrums came off my Wilier, the Groupset from Merlin Cycles.
winterbikewithcampy001yu2.jpg

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Oooo nice:tongue:
Would look alot better with the mudguards off though;)
Oh, and sort out your front wheel squewer;)

Top Bottom