Moser

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Yep confusion reigns supreme....as understand it my columbus label simply means that the "tretubi" or main triangle joints are butted :smile: I have no idea which Columbus tee was used and to be honest l couldn't care less as long as the thing holds together and doesn't rust !

OP
OP
Johnymak

Johnymak

Columbus..... More confusing than Reynolds lol

View attachment 426461

That chart is such a great help Midlife
Think I may have to print it off and stick it in my garage
Is there a reynolds one also

midlife

Guru
That chart is such a great help Midlife
Think I may have to print it off and stick it in my garage
Is there a reynolds one also

There are a couple on the Web but seem to be low res, H Lloyd's 531timeline was also helpful but it's been changed by the new owner I think.

To add to the Columbus conundrum: the company was in the habit of either producing custom tubing for some firms or at the very least using firm specific names and transfers.

Two rules of thumb.

A gold label means the tubing is higher up the hierarchy than a silver label. ( let’s not discuss whether this means it is “ better”)

If the label is gold and there is no reference to a type of tubing, it means it is SL.... probably.:laugh:

woodbutcher

Veteran
To add to the Columbus conundrum: the company was in the habit of either producing custom tubing for some firms or at the very least using firm specific names and transfers.

Two rules of thumb.

A gold label means the tubing is higher up the hierarchy than a silver label. ( let’s not discuss whether this means it is “ better”)

If the label is gold and there is no reference to a type of tubing, it means it is SL.... probably.:laugh:
Dont judge a book by its cover ....or in this case a bike by its label, l guess :smile:

Top Bottom