Most enjoyable/infectious laughs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
I never know whether to laugh or cry with this one....

View: https://youtu.be/MlwgAudyw_g

OP
OP
Foghat

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Foghat - I play bass with the Grateful Dudes, and being on stage with a band that good is quite an experience! We're playing the Fiddler's Elbow in Camden on the 8th Feb (we play there every other month) and various other places through the year. Always a good crowd of UK Deadheads at our shows, and few visitors from abroad. I can let you into one little secret - we base our 'Dancing' on the Cornell version, and will be playing it on the 8th :smile:
Hard to say what makes that special, its more than just the bass, the whole band is locked into the groove. It's a great song to play Dead style, long funky jam until we take it off the boil to go into the interesting bit near the end before we come back in for one last chorus.

Splendid! I don't head London way very often, but will endeavour to coincide any meetings there with your Camden dates .....even better if a May '77 vintage Dancin' is on the setlist!

Oxford Dave

Well, between the two of us, it is on the list for February 8th, but we play a different set every show, with material from a repertoire of 70+ which is continually expanding.
I played along with the Cornell Dancing' this morning, love playing it, all 16 minutes of it! Unlikely we will play it again in Camden for a while, though, as we try to keep everything as fresh as possible.
Do come and say hello if you come to one of our shows, I'm the one with the long hair and beard - and a bass guitar!

OP
OP
Foghat

Foghat

Will do! I'm the one with short hair and no beard!

Must be great to be able to play along (competently) with that jam. I haven't even attempted to teach myself the Jerry part. Even if I had an envelope filter and knew how to use it, I'd need to put a solid 10 years of practice in to get near replicating what he's doing......or even be able to extemporise in a similar way...….and probably still wouldn't sound anywhere near as good!

Oxford Dave

If it helps, Andy, our Jerry, has been playing forever, teaches music and has studied Jerry's style for many, many, years.
Here's a video from 2018, when we headlined the Summer of Love party in Kent. I'd not been in the band long when we did this. We played the same slot there last year, but the video crew wasn't there that time! The video shows the whole set - my personal favourite in this one is Shakedown Street at 1 hour 32 mins in.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYCJzra5zl0

OP
OP
Foghat

Foghat

How could I have forgotten Rosco P Coltrane's inimitably superb laugh and guffawing vocalisations:

Police work's my life, I tell ya

And here's more Stuart Hall hilariously laughing his head off down a phone line from somewhere in Europe:

Last edited:
Reactions: gbb

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Good grief no, she gives me the heebie-jeebies with that maniacal laugh. Instant channel change if she comes on.
Me too. Can't stand the woman or the music she plays on her show.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Definitely count Barbara Windsor out.. Hideous put on 'laugh' that you knew was never far away whenever she appeared on anything.

Top Bottom