Most enjoyable/infectious laughs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
This from Brian Johnston on TMS always cracks me up.

View: https://youtu.be/IzEBLrz3S1o

Last edited:
OP
OP
Foghat

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Some excellent examples there.

One I had no idea about was Elaine Paige.....so I found a few of hers on YouTube and agree that's a very infectious laugh (which is strangely simultaneously also slightly annoying).

I forgot to add another of my favourites, the irrepressible Dudley Moore, here laughing compellingly in a very-unsafe-for-work (and unsuitable for minors, miners or those of a nervous disposition) Derek and Clive clip. Shoot him, Kurt!

Last edited:

Oxford Dave

I can't think of a best laugh, but nominate Sybil Fawlty as one of the worst. But that is probably cheating as she was acting a dreadful laugh.

Actually, I only answered this so I could congratulate Foghat on his avatar - another Deadhead here, always good to spot another 'in the wild' :smile:

OP
OP
Foghat

Foghat

Actually, I only answered this so I could congratulate Foghat on his avatar - another Deadhead here, always good to spot another 'in the wild' :smile:

Excellent. And Dave's Picks Vol. 33 is just around the corner - and it's a 1977 too......🎸

Oxford Dave

Should be here soon - I subscribed to this year's DPs (again). Bloody good year '77, one of the best.

Have you seen any of the UK Dead cover bands? I'm somewhat involved in one of them, as my avatar might suggest :smile:

presta

Guru

OP
OP
Foghat

Foghat

Should be here soon - I subscribed to this year's DPs (again). Bloody good year '77, one of the best.

Have you seen any of the UK Dead cover bands? I'm somewhat involved in one of them, as my avatar might suggest :smile:

I confess I'm not up to speed on the UK Dead tribute/cover scene, but probably ought to be considering how much I enjoy Dead music. That's great you're actually playing it......presumably Phil's part, going by your avatar? Would love to be good enough to play it myself - about 15-20 years ago I taught myself to play the entire 16-minute Jerry part of Fire On The Mountain from Dick's Picks 6 (Hartford '83), and the Jerry part of Deep Elem Blues from Reckoning, but I've got no idea what I'm actually doing, have since got a bit rusty on them, don't know about guitar/music theory, and play with about a billionth of Jerry's skill/ability. Still loads of fun, though, fiddling about on the guitar while watching the news etc.

1977 was truly magnificent.....not least because it was the year of 8 May at Cornell, and my principal Dead addiction, namely the outstanding freight-train groove-ride that was the Dancin' from that show, the jam from which is utterly mesmerising and my favourite piece of music of all time by a country mile. Never cease to be astounded by how ON IT Jerry is in that jam......and Phil was similarly doing something stunning but different that night which set that Dancin' above all other versions - maybe you can explain to me, from the bass player's perspective, what Phil is doing to make that version sound so good compared to others? They are all so locked into a truly exhilarating and powerful groove, and Jerry's stratospherically energetic inventiveness on that night's Dancin' must have been incredible to witness live.....if only it had been caught on video!

What's your Dead cover band? :okay:

Last edited:

Oxford Dave

Foghat - I play bass with the Grateful Dudes, and being on stage with a band that good is quite an experience! We're playing the Fiddler's Elbow in Camden on the 8th Feb (we play there every other month) and various other places through the year. Always a good crowd of UK Deadheads at our shows, and few visitors from abroad. I can let you into one little secret - we base our 'Dancing' on the Cornell version, and will be playing it on the 8th :smile:
Hard to say what makes that special, its more than just the bass, the whole band is locked into the groove. It's a great song to play Dead style, long funky jam until we take it off the boil to go into the interesting bit near the end before we come back in for one last chorus.

Globalti

Legendary Member
One evening I was mindlessly watching TV and Brucie's Generation Game was on. For some weird reason it resonated with me and I laughed and laughed, good old Brucie.

Top Bottom