Most hi viz-ificated?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Anything beyond normal good lighting makes no difference at all IME. Drivers are either alert of not.

If you want to put on more lights than are needed that's up to you though.
What is normal good lighting?

How many lights are the needed amount?

Davidc

Guru
What is normal good lighting?

How many lights are the needed amount?
Depends where you're riding, and the amount imo is 2 front and 2 rear minimum to allow for failures. There also has to be an element of what an individual rider is comfortable with.

From the pictures you've posted yours more than meet a good standard.

Living in a country town I have to allow for street lighting and pitch black country roads.

I get seen well enough that people dip their lights and react properly from behind. Varies a bit according to which bike and where I'm going, but I combine dynamo and battery lights (diversity against any failure), and a typical set for mixed riding is CYO60, Hope V1, plus a little omni electron on the front, two Smarts on the back plus a Toplight, with one Smart flashing. The V1 comes off for lit road trips. One thing I don't like with that setup is the way the Hope just cuts out when the battery is low, not a problem if the CYO is on.

If I have a bike at my mother's (Cheam, South West London) it's much the same as for the mixed riding, although the roads in London are lit I like the Hope on to show up against some of the very bright lights around. (Central London is the only place I use the Hope in flashing mode)

Everywhere there are drivers who don't behave properly to cyclists and those who just don't look, day and night, but with the lighting I use none without a serious sight defect can really claim I'm difficult to see.

Top Bottom