Most popular meat types in Europe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This caught me by surprise. Only one country has beef as number one. Note how UK differs from the Irish Republic and aligned with Iceland. Pork rules.

1641923683717.png

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
I was lied to about Denmark.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
I suspect a lot of averaging has gone on here. I cannot believe that the Muslims of Turkish Cyprus prefer pork! Denmark bears investigation too: could it be that ham and bacon are not included as pork?

Svendo

Guru
I suspect a lot of averaging has gone on here. I cannot believe that the Muslims of Turkish Cyprus prefer pork! Denmark bears investigation too: could it be that ham and bacon are not included as pork?
Danes in my experience (as 1/4 Danish) don’t eat a lot of bacon; but they make up for it with salami instead. I suspect economy is a factor in this, if chicken is cheaper than pork. I should say less expensive as nothing is cheap in Denmark!

Well, Poland certainly do like their bits of pig. Although mostly in the form of hams, sausages and bacon. Fresh meat is (well, still was the last time I went over) something of a luxury.

If you get fresh pork, it's usually a schnitzel type thing (kotlet schabowy) with caraway seed added to the egg and breadcrumb coating.

Oh, but the kiełbasy... :hungry:

classic33

Leg End Member
How are the meat types of sorted, by cut or by the animal the meat came from?

Bacon and cabbage is a fairly common dish. Both are boiled.

Top Bottom