Mother....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
G

Gunner Rodgers

Dayvo said:
It's easiest to just tear it up! :evil:

RUDDY NORAH!!!!

:evil::cry::evil:

Willow

Gunner Rodgers said:
RUDDY NORAH!!!!

:evil::cry::evil:
in the year .... when I did some financial exams cheques were not legal tender and you could refuse to take anything but cash - is that still the case if so there's her answer.

yenrod

Gunner Rodgers said:
Yankers, as you well know......so many birds:tongue:, so little time :angry::evil:

Are me and you still on for that pint some time, and I'll show you how it's done :biggrin::becool:

My Mother will not pay the cheque into a bank account.

If I'm in your neck of the woods (proper country :tongue:) - I'll give you a shout ! :sad:

mondobongo

Über Member
Speak to 'A We Cash Cheques Shop' but I believe they will not be able to cash it because its not made out to you. AC Payee is extremely binding.

surfgurl

I vote for contacting the solicitor who issued the cheque and asking their advice. They would probably want your mother to visit them in person to explain her wishes before they reissued the cheque payable to you.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
You cannot cash the cheque in a "Pawn Brokers" - it is a/c payee
You cannot get anyone else to open an account in your mother's name - it is illegal

Talk to the solicitors .. it is the only option.

red_tom

Or put on a frock, find some nice fella to settle down with and convince them to take your name when you marry.

Enter Mrs Rodgers #2. :biggrin:;):biggrin:

OP
OP
G

Gunner Rodgers

catwoman said:
Good to see you back Gunner. :smile:
No advice on the cheque to offer I'm afraid, just hello again.

I say!! :shy:

Hello to you, too :tongue:

Such a long time, and so much to chat about :thumbsup:

I went to a "We cash cheques" shop today, and as you all suggested xx(:rolleyes: no luck there, I'm afraid.

I shall hand the cheque back to Mother and thank her for her generosity, and let her do with it what she will :thumbsup:

I thank you all ;)

surfgurl said:
I vote for contacting the solicitor who issued the cheque and asking their advice. They would probably want your mother to visit them in person to explain her wishes before they reissued the cheque payable to you.
GUNS! :biggrin:
God, how I admire you, posting despite what that DANGED CHARLIE did to you...:ohmy:

Rogered bandy if I can offer any sensible advice (although the above looks the most sensible) but damned fine to see you around again. :smile:

Over and out. :biggrin:

Top Bottom