Motobecane

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stinaV8

Regular
Hi all , I'm still looking around for my next project , and have found a Motobecane locally . I can view it tomorrow evening . It looks great in the pics . I am looking for something quality , to use on sunny days long rides . It looks late 70s early 80s is a large frame (good for me) 10 speed . What are these bikes like , do they have a good reputation ?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
never had a problem with the 1 or 2 of them that gone through my garage .

what model is the one you are looking at ?

very similar in quality to Peugoets in my opinion but not so well known , go on buy it

OP
OP
stinaV8

stinaV8

Regular
This is it
http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/vintage-motobecane-road-bike/1073288865
Looks nice in the pics , but trawling the net for info i've read it has "French" threads in certain places !? Weather that's a problem i don't know ? I'm wondering about spares if/when it needs things , and what threads are likely to be different ? Looks lovely though , and in the sort of condition i'm looking for . Maybe i'll still go and look . get a feel for the thing .
Ps i think it's around late 70s from what i've read ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
stinaV8

stinaV8

Regular
never mind looks nice anyway , what size do you need or want ?

want more than need , i really love the look of the taller frames , My Falcon is around 24inches . I'm spot on 6ft so can handle a taller frame . Been scouring the bay and gumtree waiting to pounce on something local , or someone offering postage . Seems everything i like is right up country ( everythings up country from Bournemouth ! ) or collection only . I don't mind a fixer upper , i like a bit of a tinker ^_^
For example their is a Raleigh Triathlon on at the moment but it's miles up , no postage . Don't know where else to look . Something will turn up i guess , i'll know when it's right .

OP
OP
stinaV8

stinaV8

Regular
That looks interesting , and i'm a bit of a magpie so the chrome is appealing ^_^ Be interesting to know what it is , and what tubing . I will just watch with interest for now . ^_^

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
must admit same with chrome myself, looking forward to swapping wheels and giving it a spin tonight

Top Bottom