Motorcycle pannier on a pushbike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I recently bought myself a pushbike and was thinking of getting some panniers. Having looked around some bike shops it seemed that decent ones were a fair bit of money.
I own several motorcycles and have a couple of sets of panniers and thought I would have a go at using them on the pushbike.
My smallest bike panniers are Givi E21 models and are quite narrow, top loading, lockable and removeable with the key and a push of a button. I got hold of a base plate and fitted it to th epannierr frame of my bike. I have just been for an 11 mile test run and it is perfect!
Maybe Givi should look at making some pushbike specific gear.
ebay27211008.jpg

ebay27211009.jpg

ebay27211010.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Looks very good. Nice and waterproof too. But what is the weight?

Looks similar to the BikeBin concept in shape.

Ortlieb always recommended their motorcycle panniers fro recumbents and their hard shell "Shuttle" setup is again similar.

Sheepy1209

Veteran
Wish I'd thought of that :-( The Givi stuff can be expensive but then I paid £70 for a pair of Vaude panniers which can only be used on the pushbike - if I'd seen this I'd have got the E21s and used on both cycle and motorbike. The Vaude panniers have a hard plastic back and are very robust so they're not particularly light - I think the difference wouldn't matter for what I do and of course the Givi's are lockable. D'oh!

Jezston

Über Member
Does look good, and handy to be able to use the same pannier on motorbike and pushbike!

Get a light on it and I'll imagine you'll get wider passes, too.

OP
OP
M

MarkShelley

Regular
It could be lowered a fair bit I reckon, but I just fitted it quickly and wanted to make sure it was as far away from my heel as possible!

Top Bottom