Motorcycle Pebbledashing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Sitting at the lights outside Parliament last night, large and powerful motor bike in front of me (speed triple if anyone cares). I noticed that I could “feel” the exhaust puffing on my face as the engine burbled. The exhaust on this particular motorcycle points upwards (directly into the face of people behind).

No real issue with this

But as the bike set of, all manner of crap exploded from the exhaust directly into my face (and left eye in particular).

I had tiny, sharp pieces of motorcycle crud all over my face and had to stop on Westminster bridge to was out my eye with my drink…I think it was rust or perhaps just engine remnants (not the drink)

I am amazed that this has never happened to me before.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
It shouldn't happen at all?
As a motorcyclist, I'd be extremely concerned if bits of my engine were being spat out of the exhaust.

Oh, wait, it was a Triumph, right?...

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Nice motorbike but may I ask why on earth you don't wear eye protection whilst cycling? I have numerous pairs of Bolle Contour saftey glasses bought from Arco. At max £6.45 a pair and they come in clear, smoked and yellowed. Much better them than having random road poo or an errant bug in your eyes and no excuse at that price.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Panter said:
It shouldn't happen at all?
As a motorcyclist, I'd be extremely concerned if bits of my engine were being spat out of the exhaust.

Oh, wait, it was a Triumph, right?...

probably why I've never noticed it before..it did seem unusual, or at least not something I was aware of being an issue.

HaloJ said:
Nice motorbike but may I ask why on earth you don't wear eye protection whilst cycling? I have numerous pairs of Bolle Contour saftey glasses bought from Arco. At max £6.45 a pair and they come in clear, smoked and yellowed. Much better them than having random road poo or an errant bug in your eyes and no excuse at that price.

I have no denfence, I've just never got around to it...I shall "Arco" a pair today as the summer seems to bring a lot of wonderful stuff with it, most of which ends up in my eyes (dust, bits of tree, dust, pollen, dust...did I mention dust)

Oh, while I'm on the subject, did anyone else manage to ride through that huge long stretch of Horse wee on the mall yesterday thinking it was just water...like me?;)

I don't think motorbikes should be allowed in cities if they have high level exhausts. Who thought that was a good idea? I'm frequently stopped at the lights behind a PTW spewing out gases into my face. Not good for asthma.

Top Bottom