Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
Hulk confirmed at Stake/Audi for next year so Zhou, Bottas or both are out of a job.

Lawrence allegedly looking at selling 25% of Aston. Maybe Lance's times up?

Last edited:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Hulk confirmed at Stake/Audi for next year so Zhou, Bottas or both are out of a job.

Lawrence allegedly looking at selling 25% of Aston. Maybe Lance's times up?

He has already sold a chunk off , I can't remember who to but could be an oil state's investment fund ?

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
According to a report from Italian publication Gazzetta dello Sport, Ferrari are prepared to negotiate with Red Bull to ensure he’s able to work on their 2026 F1 car.

This comes after various reports that indicated that Newey would be unable to work for a rival team in 2027.

FFS ! Rumours are grist to the F1 mill

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
In any case, Ferrari are no strangers to their primary designer living and working in the UK, because that's the agreement they had with John Barnard in the late 80s and early 90s after he left McLaren. John was working out of his own offices and development centre in Guildford, which later got turned into B3 Technologies after he and Ferrari eventually went their separate ways.

And that was before the advent of instant global connectivity that we now have via the internet.

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
That's apparently the arrangement according to the rumours , Mrs Newey not too fond of living in Italy according to Peter Windsor , but as Drago says "we'll know when we know " , the rumour mill is buzzing as usual and as Creepy HORNer and all the perv items have dried up something else will always get the spotlight

Drago

Legendary Member
I fear all the likes of Jos and The Doc have done with their failed putsch is to publicly identify themselves as plotters and to paint large targets on their own backs. If you think this business with Chrsti'm Horny was fun you'll find it's nothing as compared to how he chooses his moment to slip the dagger in.

I don't have a huge amount of time for the man, who even before this was known for his questionable morals, but I'm certainly looking forward to him pulling back the ring pull on a Red Bull branded can of "F you."

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I fear all the likes of Jos and The Doc have done with their failed putsch is to publicly identify themselves as plotters and to paint large targets on their own backs. If you think this business with Chrsti'm Horny was fun you'll find it's nothing as compared to how he chooses his moment to slip the dagger in.

I don't have a huge amount of time for the man, who even before this was known for his questionable morals, but I'm certainly looking forward to him pulling back the ring pull on a Red Bull branded can of "F you."

It's about time Junior got rid of Jos the Toss and started looking after his own business. Hamilton had to do it with his dad which caused some tension at the time but a man has to move on from his father eventually.

Drago

Legendary Member
Who'll be the next design engineer with such talent? As good as he is, he still puts his trousers on one leg at a time like everyone else. One day another like him will come along.

Perhaps Reynard has some insight as to whom she thinks may be the next to develop such stature at the drawing board?

Jody

Stubborn git
Media reckons his gardening leave will end after the first quarter of 2025. Leaving him a free agent having already served his 12 months.

Does that mean he's effectivley quit right now but has agreed to honour some of his commitments?

2026 could be looking spicy!

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Who'll be the next design engineer with such talent? As good as he is, he still puts his trousers on one leg at a time like everyone else. One day another like him will come along.

Perhaps Reynard has some insight as to whom she thinks may be the next to develop such stature at the drawing board?

Most cars are designed by committee, computers (and bean counters) these days. Newey is, largely, the last of a dying breed, where a single person has complete oversight over the whole process.

F1 engineering teams are huge these days. Not like in the 1980s / 1990s where you'd have a small group of people designing and building the cars at the factory during the week, and then the same handful of people engineering the cars at the weekend.

I suggest you take the time to watch The Hard Compound's Q&A session with Frank Dernie. I participated, and it was brilliant, the evening passed SO quickly. Well worth two and a half hours of your time, as Frank is a great "raconteur" and really gave us some great insight into how it was like working at Williams and Lotus during that era.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R107v6izsg8

Top Bottom