Motorsports Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom B

Guru
They need to overhaul the penalty system! Magnusson can force a car off the road almost causing an accident and remain in the lead through dangerous driving and only get a 5 second penalty. It isn't sufficient! He should have been given a drive through penalty as he impeded the progress of a faster driver who was kept behind by his bad driving. He later went on to cause a crash so if the penalties were harsher he might be forced to improve his driving.

When did this penalty "whistle" culture begin in F1? What did we do before?

I suppose it started in the 90s with the automatic jump start and speeding penalties, but at least with those it's an absolute offence and punishment.

I think the driving penalties these days are a farce and cheapen the show.

Cirrus

Veteran
Touring car practice at Brands..
IMG_1746.jpeg

Cirrus

Veteran
The Legends were a bit bonkers. The Porsche race at the end was a bit of a bonus.

I hadn’t been for a long while and really enjoyed the day.

I managed to slather enough lotion on to stop frying but I did end up buying a baseball cap later in the afternoon! ( forgot mine)

icowden

Veteran
So - Monaco has arrived! Is it another win for Max?

Benson is at it again trying to draw conclusions from who is fastest in each practice when we all know that that has no bearing on the race at all.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"

icowden

Veteran
Well what a thrilling race that was.
Well, the first 5 minutes. After that it was a tension filled 78 laps watching the cars go round in order.
Kudos for the commentators for trying to be excited about one of the two overtakes during the race. Even Ferrari managed not to mess it up this time

Well what a thrilling race that was.
Well, the first 5 minutes. After that it was a tension filled 78 laps watching the cars go round in order.
Kudos for the commentators for trying to be excited about one of the two overtakes during the race. Even Ferrari managed not to mess it up this time

I don't think I have ever been so excited before! That was a lovely crash though!

Top Bottom