Moulton fan says hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MoultonDan

Regular
Hi all,
Joined up a few days ago,my name is Dan and I live near Pershore,Worcs.
Ive always had an interest in cycling,that probably came from my 92 yr old grandfather,who has been a keen cyclist all his life (he recently won the bbc sport unsung hero award for being the time keeper for his cycling club since 1973!)
Anyway i guess my big interest is Moultons,im one of those who "get" it!had my first one at 14 (27 now) and this year i am determined to get back into cycling again,partly as i have dodgy legs and it will be a great help in gaining some strength in them,and also for fun,and just general riding around,plus the odd trip to work(10 miles)
I dont own a car,my daily transport being a 1974 Honda C90 Cub.
Anyway im on the lookout for an old Moulton to ride/restore,or parts to build one up.
Hopefully be able to learn a lot from this great looking forum,ive only dipped my toes in so far as theres a lot to see!
all the best
Dan

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:
I had a go on a mates sister's Moulton back in about 72-73 :eek: bloody terrifying.

OP
OP
MoultonDan

MoultonDan

Regular
Thanks for the welcome,as if by magic I have struck gold,I've found a very original deluxe with front and rear carriers,lighting set and bag,and a speed six replica,both dry stored 30 years,all for the price of a curry :-)

gazza_d

Hello and welcome Dan.

Great to see another Moulton enthusiast. They are wonderful machines of delight and joy.

If you're after purchasing one, then I'd strongly recommend joining the Moulton owners club and keeping an eye on the club classifieds. Members get immediate access to them online where as non-members only see them after a few weeks. Ebay can be an expensive place to source a Moulton from unless you are very canny and careful. The club forum (and the Yahoo Moulon group) are both excellent marque specific communities as well.

I only come here occaasionally as I spend far too much time on Twitter.

Top Bottom