Mountain bike flats (ie not clip in)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kernow_T

Über Member
Just started off on my MTB and my pedal/footwear combo is not cool. No stability on the pedals slipping and off in the wet. Toying with either clipping in (as I'm completely used to on the road) or getting some better footwear and a pair of the 'spiky' pedals. Anyone got a redundant set? Any other advice greatly appreciated
Cheers

H12rpo

Regular
I bought a Specialized rockhopper earlier this year which has reasonably grippy plastic flats. I upgraded to some spikey nukeproof jobbies which for me are an improvement over the oem (but not greatly so) I use 4/10’s shoes with a sticky sole for the mountain tracks but just walking shoes for the local (flat) trail and road.
If you want the redundant Specialized pedals. For say £12 posted let me know buddy.

OP
OP
Kernow_T

Kernow_T

Über Member
I bought a Specialized rockhopper earlier this year which has reasonably grippy plastic flats. I upgraded to some spikey nukeproof jobbies which for me are an improvement over the oem (but not greatly so) I use 4/10’s shoes with a sticky sole for the mountain tracks but just walking shoes for the local (flat) trail and road.
If you want the redundant Specialized pedals. For say £12 posted let me know buddy.
Picked some up off a pal that I'm gonna try for a few weeks though may, of they're still available, get back you.
Many thanks

Top Bottom