Mountain bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigsteve4

The gang of young lads i ride with have road bikes and mtb bikes. As i have never owned a full moutain bike as i have come from a time trial back ground was the advice on best bike for off road on road rides. Not full down hill spec. Needed but i need it to take my 16 hope to be 14 stone over a few small jumps rough tracks etc and keep up with guys half my age.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Value for money Decathlon really can't be beat. They have a great range of MTBs so there bound to one to suit you. Plus you have the assurance of dealing with the world's biggest cycle retailer. Warranty is also excellent. You won't have one of big name US brands on the frame but you won't be paying their premium. Their Rockrider range is good. No probs with the weight.
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/browse/c0-sports/c1-mountain-biking/c3-mens-mountain-bikes/_/N-85kcca
Hello and :welcome:to the forum.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What's your budget ? Look for a hard tail or full suspension with around 130-140mm of travel for all round riding that will climb and go down well.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Only really a vague help from me, but i started riding at 27 stone on a generic steel fat bike. I didn't do any downhill trials on it, it has to be said, but the frame still holds good to this day as ive lost around 10 stone. I wouldn't bother with suspension at all mind...

OP
OP
Bigsteve4

Bigsteve4

Good to know ive got guys on here that as big as me on a bike. I love riding with younger guys the baby is 23 there a quartet of 30+ guys and me 60 and a few days born 30-12-60 a granddad of two. But ive still got more years on a bike and i had stopped riding and was married before any of them were born. Im saving for out 40th anniversary party in August this year. If it happens. Covid etc. Im looking at a vitus sentier as my mtb ive got an old forme reflex full carbon road bike i got very cheap but its really quick. Whats your next bike?

Top Bottom