Mounting for Archos cam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Um, just put in the URL and don't put in tags? I did try quoting your text, and didn't see any links in there either.

OK, found them now in a page source. I think it's due to your dodgy filenames, LOL!

[URL="http://homepage.mac.com/jobank/Photos/ATC%204x4%20b.tiff"]ATC image[/URL]
[URL="http://homepage.mac.com/jobank/Photos/Archos%204x4%20b.tiff"]Archos image[/URL]

mcd

Cheers for that. And what exactly is wrong with my file names then, eh? :smile: :biggrin:

A few other shots from the same ride:
ATC image1
Archos image1
ATC image2
Archos image2
ATC image3
Archos image3
ATC image4
Archos image4
ATC image5
Archos image5

PrettyboyTim

mcd said:
There is if you're using safari as your browser. But it appears that there aint if you're using IE (v6.0.29) or Firefox(v2.0.0.9). Might be something to do with them being .tiff files. Problem with using .jpg for screen shots is that the image will be further distorted by being compressed a second time.

Anyone know how to display a browser friendly uncompressed screen image?

PNG files are a better option for displaying lossless images on the web as they're supported by all browsers. JPEGs created with a high quality setting will also be practically indistinguishable from the original.

Hmmm. Interesting. It looks like it is because the Archos has a wider field of view, resulting in the reduced resolution of the number plate. (i.e. each pixel has a wider FOV.

In practice I've never had a problem and I like the wider FOV. I suppose what we need in the wider FOV and higher sensor resolution! I'm sure the POV1 would fit the bill!

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I've read a couple of reviews of the VIO POV camera, and I'm quite impressed. Really rather good video quality for a helmet camera, and seems well thought out. The camera itself is digital, and there's no dig-analog-dig conversion between the camera and recording unit.

BentMikey said:
I've read a couple of reviews of the VIO POV camera, and I'm quite impressed. Really rather good video quality for a helmet camera, and seems well thought out. The camera itself is digital, and there's no dig-analog-dig conversion between the camera and recording unit.

Don't, please don't. I really don't have the money for this, so don't tempt me.

(Do I get a prize for over use of the word don't?........ Ok I suppose I don't!);)

mcd

magnatom said:
Don't, please don't. I really don't have the money for this, so don't tempt me.

It certainly does look like a very good piece of kit. With all the media exposure you're getting, you must be able to secure some sponsorship or advertising income to help with the POV1 fund?

mcd said:
It certainly does look like a very good piece of kit. With all the media exposure you're getting, you must be able to secure some sponsorship or advertising income to help with the POV1 fund?

I wish!

Although a particular PR company did actually promise to send me a new helmet camera as thanks for the help I provided them. However, that has not been forthcoming. In fact all of my recent e-mails to them have been ignored. Oh well I don't suppose they were going to send me a POV1 anyway :angry:

Top Bottom