Moving out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
So today I will be sorting out the cottage garden,it's only tiny with one tree that will be reduced in height,and creating two flower beds,it's going to look great later today.

@postman are you going to be billing the landlord for your time and costs? Seems like they are laughing their backsides off!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@postman the agent should sort the main things out

In terms of the garden when we last rented (1998-2004) that was our responsibility to sort out and it was jungle-like. The house - a 1779 semi-detached cottage - had a lovely view AND was the cheapest 2 bedroom house available near Dewsbury.

They did insist on re-decorating before we moved in though. Part of me wished they hadn't: everything was painted pink. We got permission to re-paint a couple of rooms to alleviate the 'pinkness'.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Well things move on,half the garden is tidied,my word popping trees is hard work,weeding between paving slabs is also a chore.Trouble is nowhere to put waste so just stacking it,getting two garden sacks from Argos tomorrow.Had good but trying day.Should be sorted by late Saturday afternoon.Now agents,there are new to the cottage,they have just it it on their books.So Miss P was told today so electrician has been told to visit along with maintenance man,so that's lights and toilet going to be sorted,water running out of wall is a Yorkshire Water problem and they are aware of it,so things move on and a waste disposal team is coming for the stuff in front,ha ha we have emptied both bins in to black bags,so he gets the smelly stuff also.I think that's about all so far,Miss P is so excited to be starting out on her own with two pals,so it's Postman and Mrs P again.

Mrs M

Guru
@postman the agent should sort the main things out

In terms of the garden when we last rented (1998-2004) that was our responsibility to sort out and it was jungle-like. The house - a 1779 semi-detached cottage - had a lovely view AND was the cheapest 2 bedroom house available near Dewsbury.

They did insist on re-decorating before we moved in though. Part of me wished they hadn't: everything was painted pink. We got permission to re-paint a couple of rooms to alleviate the 'pinkness'.
Tenants responsibility to maintain the garden, not sort out a jungle!
Garden should be neat and tidy at entry date.

yello

I got stitched up once for 'cleaning charges' on a flat I moved out of, taken out of my deposit. The cleaning company was the letting agent's sister.

First and only time such a thing has happened to me, and I moved around a lot so had a fair few flats over the years.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
So another day in the garden six of those very large garden sacks for the waste.Booked a visit to the tip Sunday morning.Miss P is moving in and is sleeping there tonight along with one of her mates.Right toilet was looked at but it needs a part,no waste was cleared and overnight an animal has a go at all the bags with food in them,Right at the end of the day I found a blocked drain the one for the sink and washing machine,I cleared it to get it going but told Miss P to report it,she did.So we have done our bit or will have by Sunday morning,then she is staring her journey,we have some ideas for planting up the garden to give her and her two pals somewhere to sit out,next door neighbour is astounded at what we have done in two days,we have given her more light she said by lopping the trees to bits.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
I have calmed down a bit now.Seeing Miss P so happy has changed my mind.She spent today doing up her room,she starts her life and is well capable of sorting out problems,and it's only a one year contract.Also the agents have promised to put right problems.She is sleeping there tonight and will slowly collect her things over the next few days or weekends.

Top Bottom