MP3/Media player

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I have been given a few Audiobooks which I want to listen to. They are in MP3 file format but are quite long (several hours) and not divided up into chapters.

If I start to listen to one on my laptop (Win 8.1) using the usual built in Windows Media player, I lose my place if I close Media player or shut down the computer and it goes back to the start.

Is there any way that can add a bookmark or have Media player carry on from where I left off (perhaps it's obvious but I can't find it...) or is their any other (preferably free!) media player which I can download which would give me this functionality?

A good question, and one that recently I had too. I want to read 'A Column of Fire' as I've read the other two and want to finish the trilogy, but like the idea of audio for this one. Can get the file in MP3, no chapters. Will most likely use my smartphone and an app to do this, but not sure if it can cope with one continuous file without chapters. This link has several Android audio player apps:
https://www.epubor.com/7-best-audiobook-player-apps-for-android.html
Anyways, I'll do some experimenting in the next week or so, might be able to get something that works.

D

Deleted member 1258

I use Amarok in Linux, and it has the feature you want. It's also available for Windows.

You might find Amarok is unavailable, it depends if they have finished upgrading it, I normally use Amarok but It wasn't available middle of last year.

Top Bottom